The Arbroath Thread

On 08/06/2023 at 13:34, 1320Lichtie said:

We will beat Forfar and Cowdenbeath and it’ll come down to the Montrose game to try and get best 2nd placed (we usually beat them too tbf but never know they’ll be a good underdog) 

What makes you so sure you will beat Forfar? Anything can happen in an Angus derby

Typical Smokie 

15 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

East Kilbride have announced a load of signings (12 I think) but Scott Allan isn’t one of them

I noticed they’ve got Tapping and Liam Brown (player btw who’s been made captain) signed too so that’s the centre mid pairing you think they’d go with.

I hope Allan gets a good pre season and we can see what he can do. I said to @Lichtie78after watching back all of last years highlights he actually looked pretty good in them. There were moments where he looked a bit off the pace but overall if he wasn’t called Scott Allan and never had the hype that he come with then you’d think he was a player (who lacked fitness). 

I am guessing we got it wrong with the 10th June date, Alloa had said the same thing about the 10th and that they’d announce their 6 new signings then but it must actually be the 14th because they’ve said zilch. 

22 minutes ago, ecto said:

Notice James Craigen and Danny Denholm, both signed for Spartans FC, they appear to have a few quid 

Heard Danny had signed the other week, will be good for them at that level. They have just been promoted and will have some money, but doubt they will go mad splashing the cash. Both of those players have careers outside of pro football.

18 minutes ago, danlichtie said:

Heard Danny had signed the other week, will be good for them at that level. They have just been promoted and will have some money, but doubt they will go mad splashing the cash. Both of those players have careers outside of pro football.

Maybe they’re no wanting to struggle like Bonnyrigg did last season 

1 hour ago, ecto said:

Notice James Craigen and Danny Denholm, both signed for Spartans FC, they appear to have a few quid 

Not entirely sure why you would be bringing up a team 2 divisions below us, that are not in our Viaplay group and have signed 2 players who aren’t good enough for us. Arbroath Football Club thread doesn’t seem the place for it 

2 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Not entirely sure why you would be bringing up a team 2 divisions below us, that are not in our Viaplay group and have signed 2 players who aren’t good enough for us. Arbroath Football Club thread doesn’t seem the place for it 

Well, they’re is nothing else happening, thought it might be of interest to some, more broad minded supporters, of what former players are doing

23 minutes ago, ecto said:

Well, they’re is nothing else happening, thought it might be of interest to some, more broad minded supporters, of what former players are doing

Looking forward to your update on Corfe, Fosu and the rest of the diddys that no longer play for us 

50 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

James craigen is good enough for us and should never have been let go.

1 hour ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Looking forward to your update on Corfe, Fosu and the rest of the diddys that no longer play for us 

True - as it happens. I’d really be interested to hear where the players we’ve just let go end up. 

Edited by TheRoundO

7 hours ago, 2002 Lichtie said:

Yes, fit & no new contract on offer from Aberdeen. Will most likely end up back down South as he’s from London.

Surely we could put together a package, could be a worthwhile addition to the squad