The Arbroath Thread

5 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

James craigen is good enough for us and should never have been let go.

Spot on this.

A very good versatile player who got peed off when DC put LD into midfield and kept JC on the bench (sure it was against Queens Park) so no wonder he was fuming.

Anyway that was a mistake when the club let him go, good luck to James and Danny at Spartans.

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Spot on this.

A very good versatile player who got peed off when DC put LD into midfield and kept JC on the bench (sure it was against Queens Park) so no wonder he was fuming.

Anyway that was a mistake when the club let him go, good luck to James and Danny at Spartans.

Oh my. Here he goes again. That was almost a year ago. Let it go.

We are sitting at 96 members! Can we make it 100 by the end of the day? 

Membership Prices
18 - 64 Year Olds - £20
12 - 17 Year Olds - £10
Under 12/Over 65 - FREE

Bus Prices
Over 12 Years Old - £15
Under 12 Years Old - £5
Non Members (All Ages) - £20

Guys only 26 and never been part time before, this is one of the cons of the position we are in and just have to get on with it. 

Hopefully we have some announcements soon, purely for selfish reasons I understand these things take time, the weeks have dragged since Steele was announced 😂 

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Guys only 26 and never been part time before, this is one of the cons of the position we are in and just have to get on with it. 

Hopefully we have some announcements soon, purely for selfish reasons I understand these things take time, the weeks have dragged since Steele was announced 😂 

Just keep having these recurring nightmares, of bus loads of trialists, for pre season friendlies 

15 minutes ago, ecto said:

Just keep having these recurring nightmares, of bus loads of trialists, for pre season friendlies 

Aye jumping on google trying to figure out where all them had been before and trying to find the positives in guys who can run the 100 metres in 8 seconds

55 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Has Arbroath not thought about going Hybrid? So you could attract both Full time and Part time players and being in the championship you’ll have the higher scale of both

1 hour ago, TheRoundO said:

Full time trumps us in most cases.

There's also likely a convenience factor at play too. Lanarkshire and in particular the former Monklands of Airdrie and Coatbridge are often mocked for many things and rightfully so at points. But in terms of transport links and accessibility they are miles ahead of anywhere else in the entire country. Not sure where big Todorov lives, but unless it's relatively close to you guys Airdrie will undoubtedly be easier to get to for him.

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Has Arbroath not thought about going Hybrid? So you could attract both Full time and Part time players and being in the championship you’ll have the higher scale of both

We were technically that last season, probably had half dozen or so training full time, unfortunately most of them were awful

4 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Discussed on here very often but the clubs in an extremely healthy position financially so I think doing what we are doing and being the best option for part time players trumps being full time and everything that comes with it for just now anyway.

We had ‘hybrid’ players last year but they moved into the town and had 2 days training / going to gym themselves and 2 nights training with us.

The guys we got were not any better than part time guys, Oakley aside who was on loan from Birmingham. I’m all for the loans but the others I’m not so sure of. The best part time players are better than the lower end full time ones but obviously it’s frustrating being cut off from such a large market. 

But that is the pros and cons of it. We’d never ever have a lot of the players we have now if we were full time. Guys like McKenna or ToB etc if they were committed full time football players they’d be at much bigger clubs. 

On 12/06/2023 at 12:19, ecto said:

Well, they’re is nothing else happening, thought it might be of interest to some, more broad minded supporters, of what former players are doing

Think it actually speaks volumes of the kind of players we’ve had and they way they’ve been at the club that supporters are happy to keep tabs on them and see them doing well.  Both top guys who left with nothing but good wishes from Arbroath fans

Side note on Craigen is that in his first game for Edinburgh City (or whatever their name is this week) it looked On the highlights that he played behind the striker and he scored 3…. Definitely a fumble on our end 

Hybrid is tricky. Training two nights a week for some full time players maybe doesn’t suit them. 

With you guys in the championship you are attracting the best part time players but would attract some of the worst full time players. In my opinion, the best part time players are better than the worst full time players 

10 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Keep posting. I’m tired of seeing Deri Corfe every time I open this page. 

Ok.

Really hoping for an announcement or two today. Preferably players with experience at this level or above… and that we’ve maybe actually heard of.

Also, since when was Deri Corfe (sorry TheRoundO) 6’ 2”? I always thought he was quite wee or was that just how he came across on the pitch?

Edited by Tattie36

11 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Ok.

Really hoping for an announcement or two today. Preferably players with experience at this level or above… and that we’ve maybe actually heard of.

Also, since when was Deri Corfe (sorry TheRoundO) 6’ 2”? I always thought he was quite wee or was that just how he came across on the pitch?

He was a pretty big laddie like, not sure if 6,2 but definitely 6 foot or over. Actually good build on him too but just not physical in the slightest or knew how to use it. 

And aye BBC confirmed that the transfer window opened today in England and Scotland and I’m pretty sure pre season starts tonight, if not then it’s definitely soon as we have a pre season game in 10 days. So hopeful of some solid signings. 

Noticed Cove have signed someone who absolutely fits the mould of players we were going for last summer as part of our hybrid experiment and it even gave me the fear seeing that so hopefully none of them at Gayf this summer. 

Walsh and Sutherland are both fucked, hence why we didn't offer them new contracts.  Rumour was that Walsh has been told to retire.  Not sure about Shane, his last game was when we beat you on penalties in the play offs a year ago. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't end up in the HL when he is fit again to play.