The Arbroath Thread

29 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Or this long sleeve beaut! 

IMG_7266.jpeg

I loved that kit, it was much better than the Errea ones we had to switch to (supply problems with Xara IIRC).  This was my first ever shirt:

IMG_20230619_202343.thumb.jpg.3556243bad06845b1d16c398b1f022f9.jpg

In hindsight, not the prettiest kit, but I loved it at the time.

36 minutes ago, Mac28 said:

What did you guys think of Olusanya last year. I don't think he got many games. Just wondering since he is now back with us

Awful footballer. Spent more time throwing himself to the floor than actually trying to play football 

1 hour ago, Mac28 said:

What did you guys think of Olusanya last year. I don't think he got many games. Just wondering since he is now back with us

Near hopeless for the most part. Any time he came within close proximity of an oppisition player he was constantly looking to go to ground at the slightest of touches.

Had a decent burst of pace and had a good touch when he was actually switch on. But those moments were vastly overshadowed by his pathetic performances and his ground sniffing antics.

Dont hold out any hope for him. 25 now and not even made 70 League appearances at all levels he has played at. Bren stealing a wage his whole career.

2 hours ago, Mac28 said:

He is absolutely terrible, a real headless chicken. Ironically he did score a vital goal at Cove that in the end played a huge part in keeping us up

10 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Reposting this image - nice basic kit design making use of the blue in our colours.

Arbroath FC top.jpg

I like the simplicity of the design but swap the blue for white. Looks like Villa, West Ham or Burnley.

Historically blue has never been part of our kit colours, apart from the odd flash or two here and there and only since the 90s when the blue appeared on the badge.

3 hours ago, Mac28 said:

He got a fair chance with us and scored a vital goal, he also started a run of games.  As others have said, my abiding memory was that he was gravitationally challenged.  Constantly throwing himself to the ground under very little pressure, to the point where even when it was an actual foul, the ref would give him nothing.

He showed some flashes of ability in there, but he ended up losing his place by the end of the season, simply not good enough.

14 hours ago, Smokerson said:

What a bizarre arguement to start, I buy my son one kit a season. If he asked for two I’d tell him to stop being greedy. If the club feel they can release three kits and they sell enough then well done to them. 

You have a child? The style you post I honestly thought you were a bairn. 

6 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

The away Tayblast sponsored shirt is superior in my humble opinion 

They’re both classics. I’d love to get my hands on an original away shirt. Iv seen the remake versions the clubs released a few years back and they just don’t do it for me 

33 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

You have a child? The style you post I honestly thought you were a bairn. 

Is there genuinely a need to be a complete dikk at every opportunity?  The only child is yourself mate, constantly trying to antagonise everyone and anyone.