The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

He missed the bus for a match, but that was very much a final straw after countless other things, if I recall correctly.  

The story i heard was him stumbling out a taxi with 2 girls in it. He was a mess and that was the final straw.

The trials to Liverpool and Celtic totally turned his head. Was never quite the same afterwards.

57 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

The story i heard was him stumbling out a taxi with 2 girls in it. He was a mess and that was the final straw.

Come on, we've all been there.....

Arbroath's George Best 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fingers crossed this is good to go and works out as hoped - getting Slater match time before United could be important 

Oh and a left back

29 minutes ago, ecto said:

Oh and a left back

Well I’ve noticed Hammy was running around our half for what felt like a very long time on Wednesday - was in early. So I’m not sure what is going to happen with that - maybe they think he’s going to be back quicker than expected so are no longer moving on one permanently. Maybe looking at a loan instead, or possibly nobody. Who knows 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well I’ve noticed Hammy was running around our half for what felt like a very long time on Wednesday - was in early. So I’m not sure what is going to happen with that - maybe they think he’s going to be back quicker than expected so are no longer moving on one permanently. Maybe looking at a loan instead, or possibly nobody. Who knows 

.Even if he was fully fit, we could still do with one more defender that could cover across full back and centre back for injuries, suspensions, and rotation.

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hammy did the same at the Falkirk friendly. Got there pretty early as had the wee man and he was mixing running and walking. 

DC has pretty much, over the last 3 or 4 seasons, relied upon our back 4 being fit to play every game with Hammy filling in for Little or TOB if unavailable and versatile midfielders (Gold, Stewart, Whatley, Craigen) to fill in at fullback when required. Don't really see that changing but you never know.

7 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

DC has pretty much, over the last 3 or 4 seasons, relied upon our back 4 being fit to play every game with Hammy filling in for Little or TOB if unavailable and versatile midfielders (Gold, Stewart, Whatley, Craigen) to fill in at fullback when required. Don't really see that changing but you never know.

The difference this time being that hammy’s injury is a very serious one and there’s no guarantee he’ll come back on schedule without any setbacks. He’s only just started running again it’ll take a long time to build the muscle back up and nobody will really know how it is until he starts putting strain back on it how he’ll be.
Not having a fit left back to start the season would be incredibly naive and be a major weakness. Ideally want someone that could play in a couple of positions for when hammy does come back. I have heard keiran macdonald’s name being mentioned but could just be a rumour.

Hoping for a better performance tomorrow against what will be a tough test away from home 

Would like to see - let’s face it Stewart will still be left back tomorrow - 

Gaston

Steele

Little

ToB

Stewart 

Balde 

Gold or Slater

Stowe 

McKenna

Dow

Bird

Hoping to see the midfield look much more robust and to see Tam and Ricky back to their reliable best - this would make me much more comfortable heading into the league season.

I do think we expected an easy night on Wednesday and were caught out badly.  

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Noticed Forfar and now Brechin have sold the naming rights to their grounds…. Can’t be long until we follow suit 

The BellRock Arena

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Noticed Forfar and now Brechin have sold the naming rights to their grounds…. Can’t be long until we follow suit 

I don't think we would really need to given our financial situation, but if we did it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Any ground with an established name that gets sponsored continues to be called by its original name anyway.

1 minute ago, Lichtie78 said:

I don't think we would really need to given our financial situation, but if we did it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Any ground with an established name that gets sponsored continues to be called by its original name anyway.

Surely get a decent wedge for it - every little helps - I personally wouldn’t care either 

7 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

If the price was right, crack on. Gayfield would still be in the name somewhere in any case.

Already have a sponsored stand. That nonsense gluten free beer company. iv never seen any of their products for sale though