The Arbroath Thread

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We fucked them under McIntyre and under Hartley.  They were dogshit and had a laughable squad.  And we had Billy fucking Dodds as our manager.

Then Dodds went on to sign two members of their squad and gave them starting places in our team

9 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Then Dodds went on to sign two members of their squad and gave them starting places in our team

To be fair, Gilmour's been fine, and I think he was only on loan from St Johnstone.  Longstaff looks very much a League One player.

I see we’re back to this merry go round again

In other news there is an interview with the physio up where he says we hope to have 5 players back for the next game in 2 weeks 

Very welcoming news but I wonder if that means that we’ve finished our business - would like to see one more personally 

Also 5 players back sounds incredible on the face of it but it would still somehow leave us with 7 injured 

I have kind of resigned myself to League 1 next season and I’m ok with that in my head - anything else is a bonus - I just want to get back to enjoying the football on a Saturday and to have a completely normal situation in regards to a steady squad and management team

The last 2 year of turmoil have taken its toll and I’m over all of the bullshit now. Give me a normal season again please. If that’s bottom half and fighting relegation in this division or trying to get into the play offs in L1 I’m ok with it

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I see we’re back to this merry go round again

In other news there is an interview with the physio up where he says we hope to have 5 players back for the next game in 2 weeks 

Very welcoming news but I wonder if that means that we’ve finished our business - would like to see one more personally 

Also 5 players back sounds incredible on the face of it but it would still somehow leave us with 7 injured 

I have kind of resigned myself to League 1 next season and I’m ok with that in my head - anything else is a bonus - I just want to get back to enjoying the football on a Saturday and to have a completely normal situation in regards to a steady squad and management team

The last 2 year of turmoil have taken its toll and I’m over all of the bullshit now. Give me a normal season again please. If that’s bottom half and fighting relegation in this division or trying to get into the play offs in L1 I’m ok with it

On the face of it having 5 players back is a good thing, but we must remember it will take these lads a good few weeks to get match fit 

22 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

On the face of it having 5 players back is a good thing, but we must remember it will take these lads a good few weeks to get match fit 

Very true - if I had to cherry pick the 5 that were back fit I think I would go with 

ToB 

Delaney

McKenna

Slater 

Norey

Steele and Little look quite long term. I’m unsure on Walker. Murray hasn’t looked at the races yet. Lyon would be my next choice after the 5 I’ve said he’s been really reliable and steady. Gaston return would be great but we’ve got 2 decent goalies (assuming Boruc is decent). Dow is fine but the above are the priority in my opinion 

What 5 would everyone else think are most important?

51 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

just want to get back to enjoying the football on a Saturday and to have a completely normal situation in regards to a steady squad and management team

Worth twice its weight in diamond encrusted gold. 

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Very true - if I had to cherry pick the 5 that were back fit I think I would go with 

ToB 

Delaney

McKenna

Slater 

Norey

Steele and Little look quite long term. I’m unsure on Walker. Murray hasn’t looked at the races yet. Lyon would be my next choice after the 5 I’ve said he’s been really reliable and steady. Gaston return would be great but we’ve got 2 decent goalies (assuming Boruc is decent). Dow is fine but the above are the priority in my opinion 

What 5 would everyone else think are most important?

Think those 5 would certainly be the most needed. 

Even if it means keeping Stewart at RB.

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Think those 5 would certainly be the most needed. 

Even if it means keeping Stewart at RB.

I think at this point we just class Scotty Stewart as a RB now. Another man of the match performance from him on Saturday as well

Getting linked with Connor Teale from Fleetwood on loan - a right back 

Interestingly enough he basically played 2 full games last month against Bolton and Portsmouth which is pretty encouraging 

A right back / centre back too by the look of it 

If we could get Tam and Delaney back plus Teale in we’d be in a vastly superior position to what we’re in right now 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Getting linked with Connor Teale from Fleetwood on loan - a right back 

Interestingly enough he basically played 2 full games last month against Bolton and Portsmouth which is pretty encouraging 

A right back / centre back too by the look of it 

If we could get Tam and Delaney back plus Teale in we’d be in a vastly superior position to what we’re in right now 

By the looks of it a player that can play CB and RB. Would certainly be a welcome addition to the squad.

3 hours ago, TheRoundO said:

Do we need any more players today? Quite a big squad if players get fit. I think we need a CB if Ricky and Steele are out long term and TOB is a bit iffy. 

Would agree

Also think we need a proper winger but can’t see that happening - Stowe only out and out one in squad and can’t be relying on him alone 

Also think with the state we’re in plus the signings other teams who’ve been struggling and are within touching distance of us at the moment have made (Ayr / Inverness / QP) that it has confirmed our doomed status 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

So is Delaney completely humped then, it looked like a dull one and a coming together impact injury but it’s clearly more serious than that. If he only ends up playing 7 minutes or something for us that must be some kind of record 

Also I don’t think they’ve shifted the amount of kits they thought they would from summer and Christmas, had a wee look when they announced the sale and they had all sizes available and I still didn’t really fancy getting the 2nd / 3rd tops - have the home one but it’s one of the poorest in recent memory too - maybe a lesson to be learnt there.

I’d prefer a couple of options for at minimum the home and away kits and see it be put to a fans vote. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

37 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So is Delaney completely humped then, it looked like a dull one and a coming together impact injury but it’s clearly more serious than that. If he only ends up playing 7 minutes or something for us that must be some kind of record 

Also I don’t think they’ve shifted the amount of kits they thought they would from summer and Christmas, had a wee look when they announced the sale and they had all sizes available and I still didn’t really fancy getting the 2nd / 3rd tops - have the home one but it’s one of the poorest in recent memory too - maybe a lesson to be learnt there.

I’d prefer a couple of options for at minimum the home and away kits and see it be put to a fans vote. 

Where did you get the Delaney news?

8 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Where did you get the Delaney news?

No just assuming it as there was 5 running before Morton and there’s supposed to be 5 back - names above - so guessing Delaney isn’t one. And if our next game is 17th February and no sign of Delaney it’s clearly something more serious than an impact injury. That’s all I meant - and did someone not say he was in a boot 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I and some of my friends have suggested the candy stripe from the 60's as a possible, and also there are pictures from the 50's of a hooped kit like Celtic but in maroon and white. The blue and yellow is a nice top and something like that for the future would be better imo. How about a novelty colour like bright yellow or green, pink etc?

3 minutes ago, relichtie said:

I and some of my friends have suggested the candy stripe from the 60's as a possible, and also there are pictures from the 50's of a hooped kit like Celtic but in maroon and white. The blue and yellow is a nice top and something like that for the future would be better imo. How about a novelty colour like bright yellow or green, pink etc?

FB_IMG_1454953498656.jpeg.d5fe89a1ca8f4bdbfcb0592eca25050d.jpeg