The Arbroath Thread

Social media.....

My personal opinion is that our social media output could be massively improved through having a basic hierarchical structure in place that would benefit everyone, allow the club to actually post more content than ever and allow the fans/ community to be much more streamlined in seeing the content they're interested in.

Taking Facebook as an example.....

You have Arbroath FC - our official and number 1 page

Structurally, you then have other pages for things like Arbroath Archive, Arbroath FC Woman, Arbroath FC Shop, Arbroath FC Community Trust and any other offshoots you want to have/ that are put in place in the future.

The archive/ woman's page, club shop, community trust pages post all their own content, and obviously anyone can like and follow these pages if they wish to do so. This allows these offshoots to post as much content as they wish, without the main Arbroath FC Facebook having posts being made every hour or two. The Arbroath FC Facebook then reposts/ shares some of these. I.e - the womans team can do live updates for their games on their page, and anyone interest will follow the page, and see all of these on their feed. The Arbroath FC Facebook page shares a post the day before the game about where/ when it will take place, and on the day the page then again shares the full time result/ comments. These two posts keep people informed without overloading them with it, and if they want further updates they can follow the Woman's page. The same goes for the club shop - there can be daily posts on their page, even becoming more personalised with more photos of happy customers etc. while the official page focus on just sharing some of the posts relating to new merchandise/ stock currently on sale. 

This would enable the official Facebook page to continue to post a variety of things relating to the mens team, womans team, merchandise, our history, the community trust etc. without overloading things, and for people who wishes to have multiple posts everyday specifically about merch or whatever can follow that page.

Overall we would have more content than ever going onto social media, but with it being seen by those who wish to see it, and not seen by those who don't wish too. The official page would still keep everyone updated with the bigger things happening in each of these areas without overkill and while in the shorter term it would take some work to get people liking/ seeing what they wanted too, in the medium/ longer term we would end up seeing our social media output grow both in terms of output and in terms of interaction in my opinion. If we want to really build up certain areas of the club we have to keep pushing content to those who want it, but we need to make sure we're pushing the right content to the right people.

If 500 people see a post about something, and 100 are interested/ find it useful but 400 don't, there's a problem there. If you can post the same post on an offshoot page, still have it seen by those 100 who are interested but not on the feed of the 400 who aren't, then the problem is solved.

Edited by SimonLichtie

7 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Social media.....

My personal opinion is that our social media output could be massively improved through having a basic hierarchical structure in place that would benefit everyone, allow the club to actually post more content than ever and allow the fans/ community to be much more streamlined in seeing the content they're interested in.

Taking Facebook as an example.....

You have Arbroath FC - our official and number 1 page

Structurally, you then have other pages for things like Arbroath Archive, Arbroath FC Woman, Arbroath FC Shop, Arbroath FC Community Trust and any other offshoots you want to have/ that are put in place in the future.

The archive/ woman's page, club shop, community trust pages post all their own content, and obviously anyone can like and follow these pages if they wish to do so. This allows these offshoots to post as much content as they wish, without the main Arbroath FC Facebook having posts being made every hour or two. The Arbroath FC Facebook then reposts/ shares some of these. I.e - the womans team can do live updates for their games on their page, and anyone interest will follow the page, and see all of these on their feed. The Arbroath FC Facebook page shares a post the day before the game about where/ when it will take place, and on the day the page then again shares the full time result/ comments. These two posts keep people informed without overloading them with it, and if they want further updates they can follow the Woman's page. The same goes for the club shop - there can be daily posts on their page, even becoming more personalised with more photos of happy customers etc. while the official page focus on just sharing some of the posts relating to new merchandise/ stock currently on sale. 

This would enable the official Facebook page to continue to post a variety of things relating to the mens team, womans team, merchandise, our history, the community trust etc. without overloading things, and for people who wishes to have multiple posts everyday specifically about merch or whatever can follow that page.

Overall we would have more content than ever going onto social media, but with it being seen by those who wish to see it, and not seen by those who don't wish too. The official page would still keep everyone updated with the bigger things happening in each of these areas without overkill and while in the shorter term it would take some work to get people liking/ seeing what they wanted too, in the medium/ longer term we would end up seeing our social media output grow both in terms of output and in terms of interaction in my opinion. If we want to really build up certain areas of the club we have to keep pushing content to those who want it, but we need to make sure we're pushing the right content to the right people.

If 500 people see a post about something, and 100 are interested/ find it useful but 400 don't, there's a problem there. If you can post the same post on an offshoot page, still have it seen by those 100 who are interested but not on the feed of the 400 who aren't, then the problem is solved.

Graham has announced he’s stepped away from the club as a volunteer. I’m guessing he wasn’t doing much social media this season as the drop off from previous seasons has been noticeable 

All the best to Dick at East Fife. As frustrating as he was as our manager the last couple of seasons, he will have felt it just as hard as us. Hope he can enjoy what will surely be his last job in management.

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

I have no doubt Dick will be eyeing up a few players from this club that are out of contract in the summer.

I have no idea why a football player (if getting game time) would want to drop 2 or even 1 league down to a smaller football club?

Also Ricky Little without doubt next move would be to a West Coast/Ayrshire club.

All the best to Dick/Pink/Youngy/Big Rab what they done for our club was superb and just a shame the way it ended, I wish them all the best unless they play us in the cup 36-0.

33 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Tob pretty much played his whole career under dick wouldn’t be surprised if he tried signing him tbh. If it was good money I’d take it. 

now let’s see all the hate 😂

He’s still got 3 years left on his deal I think. So we should demand a heafty fee

18 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

He’s still got 3 years left on his deal I think. So we should demand a heafty fee

Aye sure he does if the moneys right I’d take. Recent injury problems and form would make sense only getting older too 

13 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Aye sure he does if the moneys right I’d take. Recent injury problems and form would make sense only getting older too 

I agree he’s struggled this season but everyone has. He’s a terrific player and if we do go down he would stroll league 1 for us. 

35 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Didn’t he sign a 5 year deal about a year ago? He’s probably the best part time centre back in the country. Dick would have to find mega bucks to get him to EF.

Would imagine our players will be on triple / quadruple the wages East Fife can afford and as been mentioned, I don't see any of them wanting to drop down 2 leagues. Good luck to Dick, it looks like he has a similar job to what he had with us all those years ago so should do well.

Interesting the way he’s spun it imo, feel like he thought he was maybe a bit invincible?

Regardless glad to see him back in the game, East Fife are in for a hell of a time if he gets it right.