The Arbroath Thread

I think it’s time to move on from the Dick Campbell circus. The man clearly has resentment towards Arbroath Football Club and its support. From the outside it looks like the guy is going through some issues so if this helps him release then so be it. I personally think it’s complete fabrication. 

16 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I’d like to see the club come out with a reply/statement regarding the interview. Dick is dragging the supporters (shareholders) through the mud here

I agree - would also like to get to the bottom of this spitting thing there must be footage out there of him walking back to the tunnel. Saw videos the night it happened online 

2 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

ahhh 1320 you stick to wanting your team relegated so you can enjoy your Saturdays you big Arbroath fan that ye are. 

Awww give it a rest 

You’re not interested in anything I’ve got to say and I’m not interested in anything you’ve got to say so what’s the point? 

32 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Arbroath have brought great shame to Angus, infact this is the worst thing since that Kirstene Hair advertising board was up...😅

The farmers politician, who then screwed the farmers.

She deserves her own thread for being a dumpling.

6 hours ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Ave spoke to Hammy, someone did do a big dirty groger on his reebok jacket

A wasnt a big DC fan,  but some of our fans need put on a leash, i bet it was someone from Pie and Bovril who done it, they were calling him a fat bas and all that too, and i swear the guy shouting ya fat bas has had more cholesterol than the whole of the spartans crowd put together.

As someone who has been spat on, it’s a disgusting, cowardly assault, and it’s an assault, the sheriff at Aberdeen Sheriff Court, said so, when he gave the perpetrator 30days, so if this happened it’s time to name and shame

Meanwhile…..to revert to a previous topic, I don’t really mind what division we play in but we need to be competitive in most games. That doesn’t necessarily mean challenging at the top.  I’m even slightly envious of Brechin with their interesting Highland League fixtures.  However, one concern is that if teams do go down, the slide can easily continue.   Hence, I expect us to make a determined effort in our final 14 games of this season to strive for survival by any means 

The problem in regards Arbroath FC Board making a statement on "spit-gate" is do they really want to make this into a drama which will never stop with both the Club and DC given counter-claims or do they say nothing and hope it just goes away and everybody move on.

To be fair to the AFC Board (who i am not saying i agree with everything they have down but in my view they have done 95% a great job for our Club) they are in a " no win" situation as fans will moan if they make a statement and fans will moan if they say nothing.

I remember a Brechin City fan at my work about 2 years ago telling me "it will all end in tears with DC" and he basically told me what would happen as it happened at his Club then also at Forfar Athletic and i laughed at him but he was 100% correct.

Brechin City - steady the ship - success - great times - things going wrong - ends in tears 

Forfar Athletic - steady the ship - success - great times - things going wrong - ends in tears 

Arbroath FC  - steady the ship - success - great times - things going wrong - ends in tears 

Treatment of fans favourites Sir Bobby Linn and James Craigen to name but 2 players 

Now who is the common denominator here?

I will state again what DC and his backroom staff done for the Red Lichties i will always thank them and hold them in high regard but they way it has ended has left me sad and saying it should have been more of a celebration as it is frustrating we never got a chance to thank them.  

This is really good. Things like this are so simple to do but very important for fans. 

Interesting to note that training is now split between Edinburgh and Dundee. Guessing it’s been because of how poor weathers been - outdoor at Perth can’t have been much use throughout the winter we’ve just had but chairman also mentioning that it’s also for the better facilities for the players. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Aye that’s good to see. Some information for the supporters. Mike has always come across as a really nice and down to earth guy and always speaks well. 

I will say though that the overall message I got from the interview/video was that it’s another “Always Arbroath” pitch. 

Edited by lichtie23

2 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Brechin City - steady the ship - success - great times - things going wrong - ends in tears 

Forfar Athletic - steady the ship - success - great times - things going wrong - ends in tears 

Arbroath FC  - steady the ship - success - great times - things going wrong - ends in tears 

I'm noticing a pattern....

Someone telegram the methil lot.

4 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

The problem in regards Arbroath FC Board making a statement on "spit-gate" is do they really want to make this into a drama which will never stop with both the Club and DC given counter-claims or do they say nothing and hope it just goes away and everybody move on.

To be fair to the AFC Board (who i am not saying i agree with everything they have down but in my view they have done 95% a great job for our Club) they are in a " no win" situation as fans will moan if they make a statement and fans will moan if they say nothing.

I remember a Brechin City fan at my work about 2 years ago telling me "it will all end in tears with DC" and he basically told me what would happen as it happened at his Club then also at Forfar Athletic and i laughed at him but he was 100% correct.

Treatment of fans favourites Sir Bobby Linn and James Craigen to name but 2 players 

Now who is the common denominator here?

I will state again what DC and his backroom staff done for the Red Lichties i will always thank them and hold them in high regard but they way it has ended has left me sad and saying it should have been more of a celebration as it is frustrating we never got a chance to thank them.  

In fairness, doesn't pretty much every managerial stint ever end in tears?  I don't think your workmate is quite at the level of Nostradamus there!

18 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

In fairness, doesn't pretty much every managerial stint ever end in tears?  I don't think your workmate is quite at the level of Nostradamus there!

In fairness, the significant majority also have little or no success.  It would seem that Campbell did have relative success at each club but it ended in tears regardless. 

The Campbell regime = among the best in AFCs history but time for all to move on.  Even the sainted Albert Henderson and Paul Sheeran eras ended.  It would be nice to avoid a little rancorous aftermath but hold onto the rosy memory of these remarkable years, which would be hard for any manager to replicate.  As stated all political (and managerial) careers “end in failure”.

While down memory lane, I note Arbroath’s last previous stint in the second tier over 20 years ago (2002-3), saw us end the season with a points tally of 15 and an average attendance of 759 - which we will exceed this season.  Note our fairly successful previous season there (2001-2, accumulating 48 points) garnered an average attendance of only 959.

15 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Must win next week, and then probably the same the week after at home to Caley 

You can just see what’s going to happen before next weekend - Pars sack McPake on Monday and get in a new boss in for the new manager bounce.