The Arbroath Thread

17 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

We've seen the injury list go from epidemic proportions to manageable  - that should help. 

You've clearly got the retention of a goldfish 

Off you go back to Tannadice and let the real Arbroath supporters discuss the game. 

thank you 

I know I shouldn’t be looking at it but some absolutely mental takes on Facebook. Supposedly we were robbed, it was all the refs fault, played well and deserved the win, ref played until they scored blah blah blah.

Yes the very late goal was a sickener but anyone who thought we deserved the win obviously wasn’t watching the game. Need to see the highlights back but Inverness missed 3 or 4 sitters, a couple of decent looking penalty shouts, Boruc had a few saves to make and there were enough injuries and subs etc to easily merit that amount of injury time. On the other hand we supposedly had two shots on target, although I can only remember one and a few shots and half chances. Yet again Ridgers was put under pretty much no pressure by Arbroath. He must absolutely fucking love playing us.

Positives - a goal, Reilly looks good, McKenna back.

Edited by Tattie36

9 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Off you go back to Tannadice and let the real Arbroath supporters discuss the game. 

thank you 

Is that the real Arbroath supporter who's not renewing their season ticket next season  ?

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

One of the good things about being down in league 1, we won't have to play Inverness.  I swear, they have been the bane of our existence these last few years.

They looked so inept they will be going down as well 

4 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Is that the real Arbroath supporter who's not renewing their season ticket next season  ?

What business is that of yours what I do with my finances? Do all supporters need to have season tickets? 

Swing and a miss from you AGAIN! 

6 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

One of the good things about being down in league 1, we won't have to play Inverness.  I swear, they have been the bane of our existence these last few years.

Knowing our luck they will drop with ilus via the play offs😭

1 minute ago, Anotherlichtie said:

What business is that of yours what I do with my finances? Do all supporters need to have season tickets? 

Swing and a miss from you AGAIN! 

I think if you post it on here it's everyone's business, back in your box 

If we are to go down - seems likely but we can dream - I just hope we go down swinging a little bit. 
I feel like it’s been years since I seen us play two strikers and a right winger. We don’t have much of a plan going forward ever if the big punt doesn’t work. 
Very frustrating but you can tell when we went 1 up that it’s a team who doesn’t have a lot of confidence. 

I understand the criticism of Robinson but half the long balls to him weren’t within 30 yards of him so was always going to be up against it. 

I agree Dow needs more end product for how much he has the ball but it’s painfully obvious the guy isn’t a winger anymore. I’d like to see him in that Slater roll that he drops into and see how he gets on as Slater always leaves a bit to be desired for me . Gold was good in the middle and is actually consistent. Thought Mackinnon struggled to make any impact if i’m honest bar the goal. 

Hope the injuries to Tam and Hammy aren’t serious. Teale looks decent but Ricky (guys a legend) makes me worried at the back these days. 

One thing is for sure. Scott Stewart is POTY surely? Genuine success story in a poor season for the team. Can play absolutely anywhere and looks a natural. 

And as said above, please fix that tannoy! You don’t need to shout down it. Can’t have a conversation on the terraces for the volume of Katy Perry but can’t hear the half time scores. 

41 minutes ago, Blablabla said:

Please can they get that feckin tannoy system sorted 🤦‍♂️

It was absolutely hilarious today, but very much in keeping with the season as a whole

1 hour ago, Fitbafan36 said:

If we are to go down - seems likely but we can dream - I just hope we go down swinging a little bit. 
I feel like it’s been years since I seen us play two strikers and a right winger. We don’t have much of a plan going forward ever if the big punt doesn’t work. 
Very frustrating but you can tell when we went 1 up that it’s a team who doesn’t have a lot of confidence. 

I understand the criticism of Robinson but half the long balls to him weren’t within 30 yards of him so was always going to be up against it. 

I agree Dow needs more end product for how much he has the ball but it’s painfully obvious the guy isn’t a winger anymore. I’d like to see him in that Slater roll that he drops into and see how he gets on as Slater always leaves a bit to be desired for me . Gold was good in the middle and is actually consistent. Thought Mackinnon struggled to make any impact if i’m honest bar the goal. 

Hope the injuries to Tam and Hammy aren’t serious. Teale looks decent but Ricky (guys a legend) makes me worried at the back these days. 

One thing is for sure. Scott Stewart is POTY surely? Genuine success story in a poor season for the team. Can play absolutely anywhere and looks a natural. 

And as said above, please fix that tannoy! You don’t need to shout down it. Can’t have a conversation on the terraces for the volume of Katy Perry but can’t hear the half time scores. 

A Great post. I agree 100 % 

11 hours ago, JobbieSandwich said:

It all started going wrong with the quasi-hybrid system that was phased in from January 2022 when the likes of Michael Bakare and Sam Ford arrived.

The only people who have benefitted are the Booth Brothers - getting top dollar from the club to rent out their properties to the players which has basically bankrolled the building project out by Tarriebank.

You've obviously got a problem with the Booths going off your previous posts - sort it out in person, they are easily approachable - rather than posting like a shitebag on here.

12 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Are you surprised? The club is a closed shop. I am not renewing my season ticket next season. I urge many to do the same. Then maybe they club will realise the support are the blood of the club. 

Rough as toast but this has made me chuckle....lol

14 hours ago, JobbieSandwich said:

It all started going wrong with the quasi-hybrid system that was phased in from January 2022 when the likes of Michael Bakare and Sam Ford arrived.

The only people who have benefitted are the Booth Brothers - getting top dollar from the club to rent out their properties to the players which has basically bankrolled the building project out by Tarriebank.

I completely agree, I see them swanning about gayfield like they own the place and it just enrages me, we’re funding these sorts with our hard earned cash too which just makes it worse. 

13 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Sorry to break it to you but Kyle Robinson is very poor. I apologise if this hurts your feelings but suck it up. 

Doesn’t hurt my feelings at all but the post are constantly slating how bad whatever player is 😂 

Edited by SmokeyJoe

10 hours ago, Fitbafan36 said:

Good post which sums most things up.

Not adding anything about on pitch yesterday but really struggle to see why we have all that social media presence but supporters are not aware that players are not playing (or even in the squad) until the team lines appear online about 2.30pm or you notice that players are missing from the warm up. Basic first team news or player info appears very rarely and most of any information given out appears in the post match manager and player interviews.

Re the big talking point of the day…..the tannoy guy.   Please, please turn the volume down and don’t shout into the microphone.  Does anyone one know why we have taken to playing a death metal type ‘song’ (at max volume) when the teams come out?

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I feel Boruc has to do better with the goal after seeing that. 

He is unlucky. Clear moves left as probably expecting the shot going to left. Unsighted by Walker being in the way. And looks like a scuff shot by the way it bobbles along the ground.

We concede possesion from our own throw in, Reilly static at the sideline. Stewart not moving over to mark a player after his initial throw in. Both Teale and Little drop back rather than one attack the ball and pressure the player that get a free pass to the eventual scorer. Walker does ok but should have closed him down.

Generally too many players switching off leading to the goal.