The Arbroath Thread

20 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Usually by this point we have announced a number of players signing new contracts or already have a dozen or so contracted already.

Currently we have 6.

Walker, Steele, ToB, Gold, Stowe and McIntosh.

Big rebuild regardless if we resign anyone.

If this is correct?  then we must get Stewart and McKenna signed again ASAP.

11 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Don't get the fuss over Adams departure myself - A junior keeper all his life, we have replaced him with a keeper of better stock in Boruc and makes no sense to have 3 keepers on the books now Gaston is back.

The way I see it, he never let us down.  Did he even concede a goal when playing?  Plus compared to our previous second keepers in recent years, he at least didn't give me the fear when he took the field.  Did he do anything to show he wasn't good enough?  

Plus its not just a case of letting a second keeper go, he became an international sensation and one of our few bright moments of a miserable season.  To milk all that attention as a club, and then just decide "nah" seems a bit off.

Even then, if we were having an okay season, it wouldnt be that big a deal, but given that he was basically the only proper good news story in 18 months, its a shame how its gone. If only he'd been renting a flat and funding the meadowbank flats!

Edited by ExiledLichtie

38 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

The way I see it, he never let us down.  Did he even concede a goal when playing?  Plus compared to our previous second keepers in recent years, he at least didn't give me the fear when he took the field.  Did he do anything to show he wasn't good enough?  

Plus its not just a case of letting a second keeper go, he became an international sensation and one of our few bright moments of a miserable season.  To milk all that attention as a club, and then just decide "nah" seems a bit off.

Even then, if we were having an okay season, it wouldnt be that big a deal, but given that he was basically the only proper good news story in 18 months, its a shame how its gone. If only he'd been renting a flat and funding the meadowbank flats!

No, he didn't, but there is evidently a reason he's been a junior keeper all his career?Better to be proactive, than reactive. The international sensation stuff is pointless too, was embarrassing he was having to play up front in the first place.

Can I just say thank you for Cammy Gill he has been absolutely brilliant for us this season and has not put a foot wrong the whole season.....Cracking keeper.

6 hours ago, mo83 said:

Can I just say thank you for Cammy Gill he has been absolutely brilliant for us this season and has not put a foot wrong the whole season.....Cracking keeper.

Was a decent no 2. A way short of realistically challenging Gaston. 

24 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Was a decent no 2. A way short of realistically challenging Gaston. 

To be fair a think he was just needing a good run of games which he never got at Dunfermline or Arbroath.He has been really good for us this season kinda went under the radar a bit.

35 minutes ago, mo83 said:

To be fair a think he was just needing a good run of games which he never got at Dunfermline or Arbroath.He has been really good for us this season kinda went under the radar a bit.

Turan has never had a run of games either, u should sign him too.

25 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Bird not fit or just not in the plans?

My guess its either down to tactical or he is not 100% fit. Same with McIntosh.

Big pitch tonight so looks like we are playing boys that get about a bit more.

We are in such a mess,

The last season and a half have been a complete shambles,

There is absolutely no chance we are escaping relegation again, we had a wee boost when the new manager come in and had some better performances, but that seems a distant memory now 

1 minute ago, lichtiekev said:

We are in such a mess,

The last season and a half have been a complete shambles,

There is absolutely no chance we are escaping relegation again, we had a wee boost when the new manager come in and had some better performances, but that seems a distant memory now 

And don't deserve to either with one win since September.