The Arbroath Thread

You need someone that can inspire folk when the chips are down... you can say it's not McIntyre to blame but he's equally the least inspiring guy in Scottish football. Poisonous figure that will be destroying any feel good figures at the club. 

Arbroath were never as bad to be 5-0 down to QP FFS.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You need someone that can inspire folk when the chips are down... you can say it's not McIntyre to blame but he's equally the least inspiring guy in Scottish football. Poisonous figure that will be destroying any feel good figures at the club. 

Arbroath were never as bad to be 5-0 down to QP FFS.

We get that you despise him but do you have to keep coming on here to display your bitterness. Nobody on here is interested in Dundee supporters bitter opinions

1 minute ago, keptie said:

We get that you despise him but do you have to keep coming on here to display your bitterness. Nobody on here is interested in Dundee supporters bitter opinions

Yes. Yes, I do. It's a multi-club forum so yes, I will continue to point out the obvious that he's a fucking chronic football manager.

And that's without an ounce of bitterness.

Just now, mo83 said:

Big Jim at the wheel.....Car crash! 😔

Such a difficult task to take on. Injuries forced us into the market. Ireland season finishing has led us to picking up available players from that league but they are just not good enough.

I liked what I saw when McIntyre took over but we never have. A decent back 4 fit and that has killed us this season.

The board have to accept the appointment of MacIntyre now looks like a mistake, would be interested who were the other candidates were 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

McIntyre was never the guy.

look you guys are having a terrific season, Tony Doc, looks like an inspired choice, whatever he is doing, his players have bought into, now f**k off back to your own league and leave us to our misery, ta

I would just like to say to one and every AFC fan who travelled to Hampden tonight, well done I know how you feel.

Remember coming home in a supporters bus from Stenhousemuir in 1958 when we were beaten 7-0 but still got promoted, I was heartbroken. 

3 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

I would just like to say to one and every AFC fan who travelled to Hampden tonight, well done I know how you feel.

Remember coming home in a supporters bus from Stenhousemuir in 1958 when we were beaten 7-0 but still got promoted, I was heartbroken. 

I don’t think we are getting promoted this season 

Over our years In the Championship we were always set up to be big, strong, competitive, very tight at the back and most of all hard to beat. We have totally lost our way. A 6.0 defeat and only 1 booking. Are we just rolling over and excepting it now as well.

Edited by Hayshead2

Potentially the most pathetic performance we’ve had in years. A must win and we shat it. McIntyre never the man, squad needs a total purge. All his signing bar Teale are shocking.

I’m not blaming McIntyre as he was dealt a massive shitty hand which was compounded by a ludicrous injury situation. However, it’s pretty apparent that he’s just not the man for the job. We have got worse with time, with some of his own signings and players coming back from injury. We were arguably better and more competitive with our sub goalie playing outfield ffs.

As I said, I’m not blaming him - blame lies with Campbell and ultimately the board. 

5 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

Potentially the most pathetic performance we’ve had in years. A must win and we shat it. McIntyre never the man, squad needs a total purge. All his signing bar Teale are shocking.

Absolutely this, we cannot give him the summer to rebuild for next season, we are down

Your club have somehow contrived to charge me £80 for a stream that didn't even work at the weekend. This result is the least you deserve. Also, I will be suing Arbroath FC into oblivion if my money isn't returned by sundown tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Your club have somehow contrived to charge me £80 for a stream that didn't even work at the weekend. This result is the least you deserve. Also, I will be suing Arbroath FC into oblivion if my money isn't returned by sundown tomorrow.

I also got stung with £40 for no stream.  In many ways, it was the best value stream in six months.  So far, no emails have been answered about it...

20 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

They’ll maybe reimburse you, the first time you come to Gayfield next season

I think Garston should be back in the goals on Friday against Raith as according to Queens fans he was a bomb scare for AFC which matches up with the Hibs fans description whom I spoken to in Edinburgh. 

If we have to pay for him sitting on the bench then so be it.

Our survival and respect are greater than him. 

Just look at that defence tonight.

Little just back from long term injury and played 40 minutes before tonight. But has struggled for a while now.

Walker barely played anything since mid November. Back from injury and 90 mins before tonight.

Teale on loan and probably our only fully fit natural defender.

And Stewart a right winger who at times looks great at the back and other times poor. Doing the best he can and no one cam fault his effort.

On top of that no Hammy, ToB, Steele or Delaney of which at least 3 of them would probably be our first choice defenders right now if fully fit. 

This season has been a disaster at the back and i cant blame McIntyre for it. Been dealt the shittest of hands. He just cant get a fit and stable defence to work with to build upon like Dick had for pretty much 6 years.

Things will improve.