The Arbroath Thread

13 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Just wondering when we are moving over to the League 1 forum. Isn't our time here up or are we hanging on by a thread until the start of the new season?

GTF day will come once all the leagues are completed and play offs done and dusted.  

Arbroath look to have done some good early business.  Fancy yourselves for the league next year or reckon you'll be hamstrung by McIntyre?

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

GTF day will come once all the leagues are completed and play offs done and dusted.  

Arbroath look to have done some good early business.  Fancy yourselves for the league next year or reckon you'll be hamstrung by McIntyre?

Truthfully - I have no fkn idea.

I think if we could get a good keeper and a good left back / centre half and physical midfielder we would have a very capable team on paper

I just hope it’s more entertaining and enjoyable. The prospect of Gallagher and Reilly upfront is very intriguing too and hopefully produces some more goals, especially at Gayfield where it has been absolutely dire recently 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Just wondering when we are moving over to the League 1 forum. Isn't our time here up or are we hanging on by a thread until the start of the new season?

Given that we will be swapping you guys for F*lkirk, you're welcome to stay forever.

Edited by cb_diamond

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I do appreciate the videos and output on the socials and have calmed down from my earlier seething rants about everyone knows what but I was sent the link through facebook. I am enjoying the YouTube interviews and appreciate all the updates we are getting but there maybe should be a tick list that’s as simple as 

Facebook - ✅ 

Twitter - 

Whatsapp -

Website - 

That would maybe solve the issue 😂

Again not a dig cause I think the output on social media etc in terms of quality been good and informative. But it is a bit scattergun

I looked at the other 3 platforms - nothing. Do I have to use Facebook to get news? It really is all over the place right now. Needs sorting out. 

9 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

I looked at the other 3 platforms - nothing. Do I have to use Facebook to get news? It really is all over the place right now. Needs sorting out. 

Agree. Notice the news about Mike on website now so fair play but got to be consistent with updating all platforms.

In fairness it’s something that usually happens, website aside, which like other clubs seems to be the least updated

I have been enjoying the output and news and updates recently and the interviews have been good too and looking forward to the upcoming ones with the new signings and Ewan West. 

Best of luck to Ewan West too by the way. 

On 14/05/2024 at 21:25, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

All the best to Mike Caird in his retirement, his contribution (as well as his Dad's) to Abroath Football Club has been superb and we should all thank him and the Caird family as a whole for what they have done for Arbroath Football Club.

I have known Mike since early teenagers and went to the away AFC games with him and also played football in the same team as him for years and i am good friends with him and i am surprised as anybody at this announcement but (and this is only my view) i am guessing after all the hassle with the Dick Campbell parting of the ways then all the abuse that he and the AFC Board have taken over the JMc appointment he has probably went " I do not need to take this sh#te anymore, what is the point".

As i have stated before i have not agreed 100% with everything the AFC Board have done but imo 80/85% what they have done has been great and i try to back up the 15/20% i disagree with with an idea i would have done (i.e. constructive criticism). 

Unfortunately for a long time on here a few posters have just constantly slated Mike and the AFC Board and a lot of it has been "personal" abuse and not "constructive criticism" and it has been shocking to read some posts from the "Keyboard Warriors".

Hopefully now that there will be a free place on the AFC Board some of those folk who have written the abuse will put their names forward to get on the AFC Board and give up their free time unpaid (but you will get a free drink on a Saturday afternoon = so what) and see if they can do a better job?

Happy retirement Mike and thanks for your hard work over the years for Arbroath Football Club.

Smokies & Wine 36-0.  

Agree with most of this. 

Haven't seen too much personal abuse on here, aimed directly at Mike however. 

I think there's one lunatic who has a big conspiracy about the board having members who are building two housing schemes out of an alleged agreement with the club to rent a small number of flats, which is why we have been signing full time players.

Apart from him, I can't think of a single other bit of abuse directed at the board, personal or otherwise...if anything, our board seem to be almost universally praised on here!

13 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Wonder what our new kits will be like. And with a new sponsor.

We definitely got a new kit sponsor? 

But yeah looking forward to seeing them, I almost shat myself when I seen the screenshot of the maroon match day jumper with the grey shorts and thought that was our kit but thankfully not

Do whatever you like with the training gear, think the colourful one clearly targeted at bairns but please please please keep the kit pretty simple and nice - last years ones still look pretty shit even now I thought they’d grow on me but they never have 

Just now, glasgowlichtie23 said:

we’ve got a new sponsor? first i’ve heard of that has it been on any of the socials? presuming not with the current state of them. 

It was announced at the Q&A that we have signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the clubs history. It wasn’t said if it was a shirt sponsor or not 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We definitely got a new kit sponsor? 

But yeah looking forward to seeing them, I almost shat myself when I seen the screenshot of the maroon match day jumper with the grey shorts and thought that was our kit but thankfully not

Do whatever you like with the training gear, think the colourful one clearly targeted at bairns but please please please keep the kit pretty simple and nice - last years ones still look pretty shit even now I thought they’d grow on me but they never have 

Yeah. New shirt sponsor on the way.

Thats what i took it as from the Q&A but might be way off the mark 

Edited by RedLichtie86

3 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

we’ve got a new sponsor? first i’ve heard of that has it been on any of the socials? presuming not with the current state of them. 

To be fair it’s not something you’d announce until the kit was released. I think Paul Reid mentioned it at the meet the manager. 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

To be fair it’s not something you’d announce until the kit was released. I think Paul Reid mentioned it at the meet the manager. 

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

It was announced at the Q&A that we have signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the clubs history. It wasn’t said if it was a shirt sponsor or not 

Aye I remember reading it on twitter after the meet the manager, I just wasn’t sure if it had been clarified regarding the type of sponsorship or if it had been confirmed officially.