The Arbroath Thread

23 minutes ago, ecto said:

No help

i canna download the app

I never used an app? Just used safari on my phone 

Phoning up will be easy enough - there’s a dedicated ticket office option when you phone. I picked mine up from office this afternoon. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I never used an app? Just used safari on my phone 

Phoning up will be easy enough - there’s a dedicated ticket office option when you phone. I picked mine up from office this afternoon. 

All sorted 

15 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What a disaster these road works are, won't be back in Arbroath until thats finished.

Every cloud

The trialist who started was, I'm 90% sure, Alasdair Spalding from Airdrie, and the sub keeper looked like Aidan MacAdams, but I don't think it was and I say that having not seen him from closer than 50 yards...

Overall today I think plenty of positives and no real negatives :)

It's clear we're going to be playing a completely different way this season, and all of the very early signs were good in terms of the structure of the team. Much more playing football with the ball, a lot less humping it up the line/ into the channels and looking for the 1 up top to bring it in and hold it up. I thought both Bisland and Wilkie looked good, and I was very happy to see Tam and Hammy line up at centre back. I'd be very happy with this being our back 4 come the first league game of the season. Both full backs look to have the license to push forward and overlap, with Slater dropping deeper when they do.

I thought the main take from today was how fit we looked - we look like a much fitter team in late June than we did for the entire second half of last season. Today only enhanced my confidence that a fully fit Innes Murray will be excellent for us in League 1, and he's one player I'm really looking forward to properly seeing this season.

With Calum Gallagher, Goldie and Scott Stewart still to come in, and at least another 3 outfield players to add in a month + I think, in these extremely early stages of pre-season, the signs are good so far :). When you look at how we setup and played today, you can fully understand how Ricky wouldn't have fitted in and how Gats would've struggled with playing the ball around from his own box.

I also think, and between now and the end of this transfer window will make or break this, that Jim McIntyre has shown himself to be a very good judge of player. They're fit, they're his players, and its his system being implemented.... there's absolutely no excuses as things stand for us not to be in the top 4, and if we're not then obviously changes will be made.

1 hour ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Good

No need for that shite, me and over a thousand Dees contributed to your tinpot outfit today, you look like a pile of fucking mince as well, hopefully you go down again with your rodent idiot manager.

Thank you.

28 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

No need for that shite, me and over a thousand Dees contributed to your tinpot outfit today, you look like a pile of fucking mince as well, hopefully you go down again with your rodent idiot manager.

Thank you.

You want some vinegar to go with your salty tears?

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

Jesus wept, what is wrong with you

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

😂😂

48 minutes ago, ecto said:

Jesus wept, what is wrong with you

It’s really weird. I follow the Watches thread and Bigmouth posts a lot on there - he’s insightful, respectful and a good read.

Unfortunately he appears to be one of the type of posters with multiple personalities, just to try and wind up a few strangers on the internet, strange behaviour.

10 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Bigmouth is normally a gid kunt, succespt he ate the strong smokies, and a black and steak pie, he’s a guid lad.

Young lad demolished that, says its the best pie anywhere, not for me though.

Meat is Murder.

Thank you.