The Arbroath Thread

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

And Reilly - had an issue with his groin but hopefully nothing 

Everything crossed for an injury free season and don’t want guys missing it just now you want everyone fit and raring to go for Ochilview

Goldy should be back of his work trip to America as well. 

2 hours ago, TASC_1878 said:

TASC MEMBERSHIP - 2024/25

We are now taking memberships for the 2024/25 season. Click on the link below to see the incredible benefits we have for this season.

https://www.facebook.com/share/RMTP78beWRue8HBm/?mibextid=WC7FNe

Which is fine if you do facebook but not everyone does, so none the wiser.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

And Reilly - had an issue with his groin but hopefully nothing 

Everything crossed for an injury free season and don’t want guys missing it just now you want everyone fit and raring to go for Ochilview

The past couple of seasons he was with us Reilly seemed to have an injury or condition  problem in pre- season preparation or early games, seems to be a continuing trend. Hope he does you a turn through the season anyway.

43 minutes ago, keptie said:

image.jpeg.cf5ca64daf5e4d7fd7ac74fe5129e411.jpeg

A lot of superb stuff there - all for the same price as last year IIRC :) 

No Gallagher or Reilly which is extremely annoying as you’d want them both fully fit and firing for start of season. Total pain in the arse and hopefully they can get over these niggling issues ASAP. 

Trialist keeper today which will be interesting 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Dear Arbroath fc

Please ban megaphones at gayfield

Thank you

What the fucks this all about by the way 😂 wee guys having some carry on - aff his nut 

Games pretty much done now with everyone playing everywhere just to get on the park

It is obviously not very fun watching your team play when they have no striker on the park but Ryan Dow has done pretty well and he has absolutely got some miles into the legs 😂

I think Slater and Murray have been outstanding. Especially Murray who has a quick burst in him now, he looks to have a wee bit about him and really hoping he kicks on and is a player for us I think he’s well capable. Slater has been everywhere doing dirty work and looked good on the ball.

Bisland looks really physical with a bit of pace and gets stuck in, same with Wilkie but a bit less physical. Bisland is a unit. Both been good on the ball and look like good additions. 

Tam and Hammy could be a really good partnership this year. 

I have to admit I feel bad for maybe writing Callaghan off he looks perfectly capable, a bit of a unit and has had some really lovely touches and passes.

If we could get McAdams we absolutely should. 32 and Spalding not for me and don’t think we will sign him. Other trialist keeper I’ve no idea who he is and he looks like McTominay, looks a young lad too.

Hoping Gallagher and Reilly are back ASAP, please..

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Other trialist keeper I’ve no idea who he is and he looks like McTominay, looks a young lad too.

Craig Hepburn, our 19yp 3rd choice, is apparently a trialist keeper for you today. Ginger.

Be interested to know how he got on? He's highly rated and got a contract to 2027 earlier this year, but hasn't played a huge amount of senior football before.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, keptie said:

Iv been told even if you don’t use Facebook you can still view the post. But il post it here anyway. 

TASC MEMBERSHIP - 2024/25

Good morning Lichties. We are delighted to announce details and prices for joining TASC for the 2024/25 season. 

A membership entitles you to some great benefits with the main benefit being subsidised travel to away games with a group of like minded people who support Arbroath Football Club. However since we are now affiliated there are some extra benefits to be had and are as follows

⚫️A monthly draw organised by TASC  and drawn in Tutties with a Top Prize of 2 seats at Hospitality for the winner, other prizes including free merchandise from club shop. 
⚫️Voting privileges for the TASC Player of the month, and an opportunity to present it to the winner at a home game each month
⚫️Be part of the “support team“ and help move goals before kick off. Photo on Club and TASC page. 
⚫️TASC youngsters to be part of a draw to be a mascot, 1 mascot per month 
⚫️2 Boardroom tickets to be drawn in Tutties ( game to be announced) 
⚫️A opportunity to go and watch the team train
⚫️Free entry to a members only end of year event.
⚫️Free tour of Gayfield and an opportunity to get your photo taken in dugout or the boardroom ( TASC will organise these dates with club and Host) 
⚫️At the end of year “Play on Gayfield event” 2 players for each team will be chosen by TASC. 
⚫️Exclusive Member Only nights to meet players and management, have your questions answered and photo opportunities. 
⚫️Voting privileges for the TASC end of season awards.

These are just some of the amazing benefits of being a TASC member with more to be announced later in year. Come and join TASC and enjoy these incredible benefits.

Membership Prices
18 - 64 Year Olds - £20
12 - 17 Year Olds - £10
Under 12/Over 65 - FREE

Bus Prices
Over 12 Years Old - £15
Under 12 Years Old - £5
Non Members (All Ages) - £20

if you need anymore information please don’t hesitate to message via this 

Edited by TASC_1878

Just for the avoidance of doubt the ref blew at 90 mins today 😅 - scoreboard clock was 5 mins slow for some reason. 

Thought we were decent today. I actually like Steele, Tam and Hammy as a back 3 with Wilkie, Bisland, Stewart, Walker who can all fill in a wing back roll. Callaghan looks like he can pick a pass and Innes Murray also impressed.

Also thought Ryan Dow did really well up top. A lot of running and challenged for everything. Improve the finishing and it’s a definite option for us if we need to mix it up. 

overall that’s got me looking forward to the season starting a little more

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Craig Hepburn, our 19yp 3rd choice, is apparently a trialist keeper for you today. Ginger.

Be interested to know how he got on? He's highly rated and got a contract to 2027 earlier this year, but hasn't played a huge amount of senior football before.

He looked very nervous but given his age was to be expected - didn’t really have anything to do. If he was to sign on loan I think it would be pretty apparent that Hemfrey would be our number 1 and Hepburn be number 2 and maybe no be the best for him although I imagine he would get chances in the League Cup and Challenge Cup to impress.

Think if we got McAdams there would be more of a battle for the number 1 spot 

Two games into pre season and I have no clue if we’re any good, defensively I think we’re fine, but going into the season with Goldy and Slater, absolutely gives me the fear, no enough creativity for me

8 minutes ago, ecto said:

Two games into pre season and I have no clue if we’re any good, defensively I think we’re fine, but going into the season with Goldy and Slater, absolutely gives me the fear, no enough creativity for me

Across the 2 games we’ve only had 1 striker on the park for 62 minutes. Hard as a team to look up and play the game going forward when there is no striker on the pitch.

Stewart should get down the right and get balls into the box and Dow / Murray will be the other more creative players probably on the other side but I would want to see another wide man come in with a bit of a spark and that wee bit something different to help out with creating chances for the boys uptop when they return and reinforcements are in 

On 06/07/2024 at 09:08, lichtie23 said:

Hopefully see Gallagher today 

He was there, am sure he part of the warm up

12 hours ago, ecto said:

He was there, am sure he part of the warm up

Good news 

Both him and Reilly were there saw them with their trackies on in the stand but glad to hear Gallagher may not be match ready but is back involved doing something 

Hopefully we sign McAdams I think he’d be a really steady addition and I think we would have two keepers well capable of playing 

And hopefully we start to see some exciting loans filter in to complete the squad. May have to wait until the LC group stage is over for them. You’d imagine our go to places would be Dundee and Kilmarnock with Tony Doc and McInnes at the clubs but will be looking beyond that too I’m guessing. Think the last 3/4 players could really make or break us - with what we have at the moment though I think we are in a good place