The Arbroath Thread

10 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

That season we had with no Injuries to the back 4 seems like it's coming back to haunt us now, 

Good thing is that the window is still open. If Hammy is out for an extended extended period of time we will have the chance to get someone in there. Would be asking Tony Doc to let us have Luke Graham if that was in any way achievable 

None of last night’s injuries sound like quick fixes. That leaves us with 12 available players by my reckoning.

With the League Cup more or less sorted for the bigger teams, might we see these loan players come in sooner? Bonnyrigg would be an ideal opportunity to prepare for the league campaign.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Good thing is that the window is still open. If Hammy is out for an extended extended period of time we will have the chance to get someone in there. Would be asking Tony Doc to let us have Luke Graham if that was in any way achievable 

Luke Graham was mentioned to be going to Falkirk on loan the tail end of last season.Id be surprised if he was at a L1 club again on loan the next step for him is to either push for a first team place or a championship loan deal in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Luke Graham was mentioned to be going to Falkirk on loan the tail end of last season.Id be surprised if he was at a L1 club again on loan the next step for him is to either push for a first team place or a championship loan deal in my opinion.

Unfortunately probably true but I do think we will now probably need to add a left centre half to the shopping list 

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Just to further ruin everyone’s Wednesday morning….

Scottys ban is 2 matches so he misses the game against Bonnyrigg 

Any more good news?

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Just to further ruin everyone’s Wednesday morning….

Scottys ban is 2 matches so he misses the game against Bonnyrigg 

So that’s 11 players available for Bonnyrigg inc the keepers. 

1 minute ago, timlichtie said:

So that’s 11 players available for Bonnyrigg inc the keepers. 

Heard last Tuesday that the target for Reilly was to return for the Bonnyrigg game so may have an extra body 

17 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This is where you cannot understand it because you are not a supporter. Easily understand and accept the relegation, we were favourites to go down and we’ve come down.

As a part time team you’ve got a shelf life when you are in that division especially since the emergence of teams who have started to become much better backed financially. 

The manner of the relegation is the issue, we were not competitive and there is no excuse for that. The way that we’ve operated in a footballing sense has been really really poor. We threw away our identity and what we had been good at for a hybrid structure and experiment that was a total failure. f**k knows how many players have been in and out of the club over the last 2 years it’s been a mess. 

Been over it before in regard to discussing Dick Campbell on here too. If I was looking in from the outside I would probably think that we should’ve kept him and we’ve lost perspective in being annoyed with how poor it’s been when we’ve been in a division above where we arguably should be but it’s absolutely not as simple as that. 

Think everyone would just like to see a competitive team on the park this season and to see us actually score the odd goal here and there again and I do think that will happen in time and once we have a fully fit complete squad (with potentially a new manager but I will not give up on McIntyre just yet)

Just feels a long way away and like it might never return due to how bad it’s been recently and there probably most definitely is an exaggeration to Saturdays defeat but I can understand why when we’re currently on a club records streak for defeats which will have a good chance of being extended this evening. 

Jesus wept.

Way to spectacularly, and lengthily, completely miss @The Moonster's point.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Jesus wept.

Way to spectacularly, and lengthily, completely miss @The Moonster's point.

I think he also maybe misunderstood my point. I wasn’t meaning in terms of the overall position of the football club I meant purely from going on a week to week basis.

I replied in the post right after saying I thought his comment was fair

So If everyone who was injured last night doesn’t make Saturday, along with the injuries to Reilly & Gallagher and Scottys suspension our squad for Bonnyrigg will be 

McAdams, Hemphrey, Walker, Bisland, Wilkie, Steele, Slater, Callaghan, Spalding, Murray and Stowe

14 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

So If everyone who was injured last night doesn’t make Saturday, along with the injuries to Reilly & Gallagher and Scottys suspension our squad for Bonnyrigg will be 

McAdams, Hemphrey, Walker, Bisland, Wilkie, Steele, Slater, Callaghan, Spalding, Murray and Stowe

Done to the bare bones and on life support. f**k sake

28 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

13 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Done to the bare bones and on life support. f**k sake

Doubt we’d be able to start a game with 9 outfield players and 1 sub keeper? 

I am hoping the club release a post match interview with McIntyre so everyone can maybe get a better idea of what the craic is 

13 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

can we just forfeit the bonnyrigg game take the 3-0 defeat and focus on getting everyone fit ffs 😂

Can we do 4 - 1 so it looks like we have scored in the group at least 

30 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Doubt we’d be able to start a game with 9 outfield players and 1 sub keeper? 

I am hoping the club release a post match interview with McIntyre so everyone can maybe get a better idea of what the craic is 

You can just sign a couple of players on amateur terms and fill the bench or remaining eleven. We done the same last season when we had 11 fit against Alloa in this cup.

Particularly when it's a dead rubber it doesn't really matter anyway. We went on to win the league so having injuries and not enough players at this stage means hee haw - there would be genuine scope to worry if this was after the transfer window.

The mass hysteria on here is getting a little much I'm more than sure by the time the real stuff starts a week on Saturday you will have a squad of 17-18 at a minimum when the loan players start going to their teams from higher up the leagues complimenting your returning players with injuries.

12 minutes ago, Neilly said:

You can just sign a couple of players on amateur terms and fill the bench or remaining eleven. We done the same last season when we had 11 fit against Alloa in this cup.

Particularly when it's a dead rubber it doesn't really matter anyway. We went on to win the league so having injuries and not enough players at this stage means hee haw - there would be genuine scope to worry if this was after the transfer window.

The mass hysteria on here is getting a little much I'm more than sure by the time the real stuff starts a week on Saturday you will have a squad of 17-18 at a minimum when the loan players start going to their teams from higher up the leagues complimenting your returning players with injuries.

Interesting cheers I didn’t know that. Noticed Dunfermline had done something like that and accidentally registered someone all the way until January. I am going on Saturday purely to tick Bonnyrigg off but well aware it’s a dead rubber that means nothing now 

It is not an ideal start to the season, had 6 months of craziness with injuries at the end of last season so think everyone is just getting worried again. 

At this moment in time I think the only long term one could maybe be Colin Hamilton so hopefully the others get back ASAP. 

ETA - Dow Hamstring - ToB just a precaution because he felt like he could’ve had a bad one. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie