The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

So fill the squad with players not up to the standard? Then expect them to help us win games when brought on or start due to injuries and suspensions? 

Convinced more than ever, that the Watson signing spells the end for Walker, also depending on the Dow injury still think Stowe is done also

15 minutes ago, ecto said:

Convinced more than ever, that the Watson signing spells the end for Walker, also depending on the Dow injury still think Stowe is done also

I agree about the 2 boys that could be leaving. But to be fair to them both they played really well on Tuesday night when introduced 

39 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I'm not saying anything that requires watching the game, and nor am I saying anything that hasn't been said by others.

I mean this in the nicest way possible - you are a smarmy think you know it all fud of a guy who talks utter shite

Maybe you should take that advice 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Torn ACL for Hammy. Out for 9 months. Non contact injury as well. Absolutely gutted for the guy 

Just back from 2 bad injuries and then gets that. Had a feeling it may have been ligaments but hoped it has something minor. Be missed this season.

Absolutely gutted for him it must be so hard mentally to come back from injuries like this as a Part Time player. He will be well looked after by the club and hopefully is staying positive. He will still only be 32 when he returns in 9 month and could still have good few years left playing football so I hope everything goes well for him. 

Arbroath legend, love the guy

That’s an absolute gutter. As others have said, hard to see him coming back from that. Will go down as an Arbroath legend and a key part of the best Arbroath team I’ve seen in my lifetime. 

No idea why everyone is being so negative about this, it'll give someone else a chance in the team, we'll bring in another defender on loan and by September we wont even remember who Colin Hamilton is. :rolleyes: :bairn

In all seriousness, this is dreadful news. Poor Hammy :( A season ender before it's started to a key part of the squad is such a shitter, surely we've paid our dues over the past year injury wise and more than made up for the season we finished 2nd in the Championship with an almost uninjured squad for the season?!

Hammy is 8th in our all time appearance holders list with 371 appearances, well in reach of surpassing legends such as Bobby Linn, Stevie Flo, Ian Stirling and Ricky Little, he almost definitely would've surpassed them all and taken 4th place this season if it wasn't for this injury. An Arbroath FC club legend, it's a simple as that.

Edited by SimonLichtie

21 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

No idea why everyone is being so negative about this, it'll give someone else a chance in the team, we'll bring in another defender on loan and by September we wont even remember who Colin Hamilton is. :rolleyes: :bairn

In all seriousness, this is dreadful news. Poor Hammy :( A season ender before it's started to a key part of the squad is such a shitter, surely we've paid our dues over the past year injury wise and more than made up for the season we finished 2nd in the Championship with an almost uninjured squad for the season?!

Hammy is 8th in our all time appearance holders list with 371 appearances, well in reach of surpassing legends such as Bobby Linn, Stevie Flo, Ian Stirling and Ricky Little, he almost definitely would've surpassed them all and taken 4th place this season if it wasn't for this injury. An Arbroath FC club legend, it's a simple as that.

Are you stupid? Do you have a head injury? Mcintyre should’ve predicted this with his crystal ball and signed 8 more defenders just in case everyone at the club is shot down by a sniper

Like everybody else, gutted for Hammy to get another serious injury. Seems to be paying the price now for the small amount of times he ever picked up injuries in his early years. A proper no nonsense player, wears his heart on his sleeve and always gave 100%. Another stalwart of the club who may also be due a testimonial (I know he's had 2 separate spells), if he can return fully fit.

That is a real blow.  He's been so reliable at both full back and centre back for so long.  I thought he was going to be one of our main centre backs this season.  Was he not also playing through a broken toe for a big chunk of last season?

Hammy and Tam really provided a good deal of experience and leadership for young Wilkie and Bisland at the back

I think now with the addition of Watson we have good experience and quality right down the core of the team though 

McAdams

ToB

Watson

Slater

Gold

Reilly 

Gallagher

Really is a good core. Obviously still with players to come. Think Scott Stewart with all of his experience and quality he’s shown in the Championship over his years with us is another real experienced player now as is Ryan Dow. Plenty of experience in the side which hopefully bodes well.

Everyone will just have to keep their fingers and toes crossed that we will be luckier with injuries this season going forward from this point