The Arbroath Thread

Looking at the club statement on the matter, I think its clear that they just didnt appreciate what the strength of feeling would be.  And while in places, they come off as a little snotty, I understand why.  However, they laid out the position, and it seems that the three way deal gives us a bit of everything.  I'm really pleased that we get to keep our pies, as they are one of the things that makes the Greenversity Stadium at Gayfield stand out amongst all thebgeneric overpriced warmed up supermarket pies in lego stadiums elsewhere.

So I'm delighted, and like the club, I'm sure we're all happy to draw a line under the whole thing.  If anything, the club deserve even more credit because it shows that the club listen to the fans.

As a final point, it also shows that people's opinions matter.  Rolling over in meek compliance or insisting that nobody should dare criticise the club, achieves nothing.  If people don't raise and press an issue, then nobody in power will know there's a problem.

Happy to move on, wonder if that loan striker will be signed this week? 🤔

21 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Its longer than that surely, I'm sure I mind a Robertson's van delivering pies back in the 90s.

Different owner, name stayed the same

On 06/08/2024 at 16:36, timlichtie said:

I think the SLO idea is very positive. It’s an attempt to promote better communications between the Club hierarchy and the fans who actually attend games. I find it difficult to criticise.

On 06/08/2024 at 16:43, 1320Lichtie said:

Yup. Club purely just trying to get a link between the support and the board, nothing more to it or sinister. Good idea

Just so we're clear, the appointment of an SLO is compulsory under Club Licensing and dictated by the SFA. This isn't some specific Arbroath idea.

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Just so we're clear, the appointment of an SLO is compulsory under Club Licensing and dictated by the SFA. This isn't some specific Arbroath idea.

Only required for Gold and Silver and not bronze I believe.

It's still a good idea overall but there wasn't an actual requirement to implement it.

1 hour ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

i for one will not be welcoming them!

IMG_5754.jpeg

Och away and behave yourself, it’s no 1977 

10 minutes ago, ecto said:

Och away and behave yourself, it’s no 1977 

Agreed, these days, we welcome all clubs to the Greenversity stadium at Gayfield, and send them home happy with 3 points.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Evening all,

Earlier this week, I was delighted to release my interview with former Arbroath manager Dick Campbell. As we all know, he's a straight talking guy, and I reckon you'll find the story surrounding his Arbroath departure both telling and shocking. I'll link it below if any of you are interested, skip to around 31:36 for the story. I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest as well if you have a little time on your hands. As a former pupil of Scott Stewart, I wish you all the best for this season!

7 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

Evening all,

Earlier this week, I was delighted to release my interview with former Arbroath manager Dick Campbell. As we all know, he's a straight talking guy, and I reckon you'll find the story surrounding his Arbroath departure both telling and shocking. I'll link it below if any of you are interested, skip to around 31:36 for the story. I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest as well if you have a little time on your hands. As a former pupil of Scott Stewart, I wish you all the best for this season!

As we have all known........ he likes to haver a load of pish when things dont go his way.

9 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

Evening all,

Would rather shite in my hands and clap than listen to any more of that man’s slavers

Have enough problems to deal with currently without listening to the ramblings of a fantasist 

🧤 MEET THE GOALIES 🧤

Another benefit of TASC’s affiliation with Arbroath Football Club is that there is an agreement that players/officials will head over to Tutties after every home game this season to mingle with supporters. 

We are delighted to announce that both Aidan McAdams and Robbie Hemfrey will be the first players to come across following the Derby game with Montrose tomorrow after they’ve finished with their club/media duties 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

3EC1B010-A9BC-4D86-A0CA-D2A8F25E5A42-COLLAGE.jpeg

9 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

Evening all,

Will be full of fabricated stories and nonsense as per from dick, won’t be listening sorry