The Arbroath Thread

Think initially all we need from Flynn is for him to get his foot on the ball in central midfield and play a few decent passes across the park / forward. We haven’t had a guy like that since Low left. Which is shocking really but it has been a real weak spot the last couple of years. Hope Goldie starts himself as well as he’s the best ball winner in that area.

Hopefully today is the day but Alloa are no mugs. Think on paper it may actually be the toughest game yet. 

10 minutes ago, Godlovessmokedhaddock said:

Interesting article on Flynn in the Herald from a few months ago. Looks like a great fit, if he remains fit. https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/24342781.ryan-flynn-player-coach-deal-st-mirren-no-brainer/

Ticks every box as to what we need in the middle of the park on paper however will remain skeptical until he’s had a good amount of game time and judge him after that - wonder if he’ll end up being involved as a coach here if Goldie and Hammy get it 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

43 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ticks every box as to what we need in the middle of the park on paper however will remain skeptical until he’s had a good amount of game time and judge him after that - wonder if he’ll end up being involved as a coach here if Goldie and Hammy get it 

So you’re saying you’ll wait until he’s proven himself for you to decide whether he’s proven himself in your eyes and then you’ll give him a chance?! 

2 minutes ago, Water Tower Wullie said:

So you’re saying you’ll wait until he’s proven himself for you to decide whether he’s proven himself in your eyes and then you’ll give him a chance?! 

No I’m saying he sounds brilliant on paper but going to have to wait and see what he’s actually like in reality? 

I have not seen him play in years and the games I remember watching him play in he was more of an attacking wide man 

13 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

If Steele was wanting to leave then going to any team outwith L1 would have been fine.

It's a loan deal with a recall in January if needed. Sounds like a good opportunity for him to get some game time as he seemed to be only getting a place on the bench recently. If he improves we recall him. 

Can’t believe we haven’t won that, have to disagree with @lichtie23 first half was great and we could’ve easily gone 2 or 3 up but second half wasn’t “poor” imo we were a bit slower but still created a good few chances and were unlucky not to score on a few occasions. Flynn looked really good in the middle of the park and sinclair looked great at RB too. Much improved over the last 2 weeks but really need to start putting these chances away if we’re gonna start picking up points

That's the first time this season I've felt we deserved to win.  We just couldn't get the ball over the line.  Much better performances all round though.

All that being said, Hamilton and Gold are auditioning for the chance of becoming manager, and success is measured in winning games.  So far, thats zero games won.  

14 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

That's the first time this season I've felt we deserved to win.  We just couldn't get the ball over the line.  Much better performances all round though.

All that being said, Hamilton and Gold are auditioning for the chance of becoming manager, and success is measured in winning games.  So far, thats zero games won.  

True, no wins, but a transformation in organisation and performance. 
I was not sold on a Hammy/Goldie ticket but now I’m edging there. Who knows if they want it?

I wonder who made the decisions on signings yesterday?

edited to add: We gave just gone bottom of the league. 
But only 6 off the top and we just outplayed one of the leaders. 

Edited by TheRoundO

14 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

To be fair I don’t think the managers could have done much more today, another day we walk away from that game 3 up at least. 

58 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Can absolutely see gold and hammy being named managers for several reasons

Have to say seeing Hammy on the touchline in the trackies and the gilet, looking every inch the 21st century manager

39 minutes ago, A.K. Barr said:

absolutely no need for segregation again today, would help the players shooting towards our fans both halves rather than an empty terracing. 

Glad all 6 alloa fans were segregated… could’ve been some real crowd trouble today 

42 minutes ago, A.K. Barr said:

absolutely no need for segregation again today, would help the players shooting towards our fans both halves rather than an empty terracing. 

Ridiculous isn’t it. I think segregation is here to stay but even in the championship there were many games where the opposing fans could have easily been accommodated in the stand with perhaps a wee bit of terracing. To give 1/4 of the ground to 40-50 fans is crazy. We should be using every advantage possible and having the fans behind both goals can only be a good thing.

Only Montrose should get behind the goals at Gayfield and even that shouldn’t be a given.

19 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Ridiculous isn’t it. I think segregation is here to stay but even in the championship there were many games where the opposing fans could have easily been accommodated in the stand with perhaps a wee bit of terracing. To give 1/4 of the ground to 40-50 fans is crazy. We should be using every advantage possible and having the fans behind both goals can only be a good thing.

Only Montrose should get behind the goals at Gayfield and even that shouldn’t be a given.

Even in the championship a lot of time we got behind the goals and then the away fans got from where the left side of the stand is to where the corner is 

ETA - I certainly remember this happening the season before last - can’t remember it happening much of last season but defo happened 2 seasons ago

Edited by glasgowlichtie23