The Arbroath Thread

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Yea I like that. Maybe Gallagher for Reilly to get minutes into his legs

Yeah I agree. I want to see him playing, got a lot of time for Reilly he is clever and works hard for the team but he’s spurned a couple of really good chances over the games that could’ve changed games. Would like to see Gallagher get a run, feel like he could become the main man for us 

7 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I agree with everyone so far.  Reilly hasn't done the one thing he's there to do, so Gallagher deserves a start.  Also, I'd start Murray instead of Coulson.  

Murray co commentator tomorrow so must have a niggle

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In a very strange turn of events Gordon Walker signed for East Fife 😂 remember he’s a Jim McIntyre signing and never met Dick in his puff. 

Be alright for them you’d imagine 

We've been needing a right  back as our other 2 are suspect.

44 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

We've been needing a right  back as our other 2 are suspect.

Honestly could not even give you too much information on him as a player just seemed ok when he got fit and up to speed but everyone expected him and Stowe to be let go at start of season and they have, both got moves that’ll hopefully work out for them. Seems like a good laddie. 

Well loads of positives but we did have Aidan McAdams to thank for not being 2-0 down. They were all over us the first 20 minutes. He’s some keeper. Also think we got showed up a wee bit of times in terms of physicality but a much better performance all round again.

Defensively with Watson, Tam and McAdams I think we are in good nick. Wilkie coming on to a game and Sinclair looks like he is decent, bit shaky today I thought. 

Midfield needs some presence still I think, I would like to see a defensive midfielder with a bit of presence and physicality about him come in still.

Coulson poor until he had 2 minutes of magic where he nearly scored a tremendous goal and then put in a great ball for Scotty Stewart opener and then after that thought he was really good. Stewart MotM again enough said (🥰)

Reilly unbelievable shift again he never stops - also would like to see a big physical striker added to the group to help the 2 of them out cannot see Richardson doing much especially in a central position 

Definitely wee bit of work to be done to the squad still but plenty of positives there today and great to actually win a game of competitive football and by such a comfortable margin. Excellent seeing all the wee fannies walking out the ground at 3-0 too 👍🏻 

eta - actually thought we played much better last week without winning but 3 on a bounce without a loss, happy days 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

5 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Are we allowed to praise the managers now? @ExiledLichtie

I've been praising the team performances and the changes that the managers have made for the last couple of weeks, so its a bit of an odd question to ask.  Getting a win helps their case to be given the job, lets see if they can do it in the league!

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

also would like to see a big physical striker added to the group to help the 2 of them out cannot see Richardson doing much especially in a central position 

I agree with pretty much the rest of your post, but you've got some nerve here!

Very encouraging so far. However I want to see continued improvement and some league wins before I jump fully on the Gold/Hamilton management bandwagon.

The next manager/management team appointment has to be 100% right and must be made on merit not sentiment. Get it wrong and we could be in serious trouble in a few months.

I do really hope that they get the gig but trying not to get too carried away yet.

There’s no formula for getting it 100% right. Anyway that’s somebody else’s job. Two weeks in a row I’ve come away from Gayfield feeling like I’ve enjoyed a game and hopeful. That’ll do for me. Love Scott Stewart. That’s his position, playing him elsewhere should be a sackable offence. 

Times it wasn't pretty today but who cares, been improvement week by week since McIntyre left, Still a massive way to go but hopefully more players to come in but what a nice feeling to actually win....

Flynn makes a massive difference and doesn't stop talking the whole game,

McAdams, Spalding and Stewart were outstanding, Wilkies getting better every week too, Coulson can be very frustrating but you need that bit of creative spark and at times he shows it, ToB looked far more happier and much more like what we expect,

Riley and Gallagher need a goal, both work hard and improve the team but once the first one comes I'm sure they will get there fair share, 

Hopefully cam kick on in league now