The Arbroath Thread

Judging by yesterday, Mr Campbell will have to start from scratch for next season. The goalie was good and Hester played well apart from that we were inept all over the park. A brutal watch for the travelling fans.

Too many of the players at Gayfield although they are good footballers just do not have the mental toughness required,they don't want it enough and as has been said before i really hope we have a proper squad of players next season instead of half the team being made up of loanees which is just plain crazy.

Too many of the players at Gayfield although they are good footballers just do not have the mental toughness required,they don't want it enough and as has been said before i really hope we have a proper squad of players next season instead of half the team being made up of loanees which is just plain crazy.

I think this is it although I don't think it's really any of their fault, it's a very young team. I mean there's 6 loanees aged 18-20, Hester 20, Rutherford 21, Gold 23, Reid, 21, Stewart 21, Brodie 19, Lowdon 23, Munro 22. 14 guys out of your squad of 19 or whatever.

The only 'older' heads there are Little/Linn/Fleming and Wilson. Think it's blatantly obvious Todd has coached youth teams, seemed scared to go for anybody that might stand up and tell him how it is if things aren't going right, hence signing Henry over Nicoll/taking Ramsay off after 20 minutes because he spoke back etc.

Be totally different next season I imagine, there'll be a fair few who won't be afraid of mixing it when the goings tough and using their experience to help, they kind of guys are important.

I think this is it although I don't think it's really any of their fault, it's a very young team. I mean there's 6 loanees aged 18-20, Hester 20, Rutherford 21, Gold 23, Reid, 21, Stewart 21, Brodie 19, Lowdon 23, Munro 22. 14 guys out of your squad of 19 or whatever.

The only 'older' heads there are Little/Linn/Fleming and Wilson. Think it's blatantly obvious Todd has coached youth teams, seemed scared to go for anybody that might stand up and tell him how it is if things aren't going right, hence signing Henry over Nicoll/taking Ramsay off after 20 minutes because he spoke back etc.

Be totally different next season I imagine, there'll be a fair few who won't be afraid of mixing it when the goings tough and using their experience to help, they kind of guys are important.

Have to agree with most of this post and I would like to see Dick drop the loan players for one game and he can see who amongst the signed players are giving 100%, I also think some of the players wont want to sign on again and will be looking elsewhere after the way they have been treated

Out of the squad who would you want to keep next year?

We have Linn and Whatley signed.

I would offer Fleming, Little, Munro, Lowden, Rutherford and Hester new deals and that would it.

Fleming , Hester and Little for me. We are 2nd bottom and need to clear out the squad for next season imo.

I don't think Rutherford will be kept on, both games he's started under Campbell he's been hooked around the hour mark then he was dropped on Saturday.

Rutherford is not a striker, he would be better behind a striker, so worth keeping to play that role

Rutherford is not a striker, he would be better behind a striker, so worth keeping to play that role

Mid season, he looked really good and gave us lots of chances with his strong running and knock downs. I would keep him to see if he develops. Definitely got potential.

My opinion we should keep:-

Fleming

Little

Munro

Lowdon

Whatley

Linn

Hester

If the manager decides not to be very ruthless and get rid of all the deadwood then I would keep these players as backups:-

Greg Rutherford

Wilson

Would like to see Craig Watson back if he overcomes his injury and if Hamilton would allow him to come back but I am sure the manager will have other players in mind so I assume he will be treated as being released at the end of the season.

Players to release:-

Brodie (Has only played 1 game and I am hoping for a more experienced back up keeper to keep Fleming on his toes like Rab Douglas as a GK/Coach)

Craig Johnstone (don't think he is getting over his injuries and we need players who are available even though he has been a good player)

Shaun Rutherford (release from loan deal)

Mark Williams (release from load deal, although would be interesting to see him come back as he has played well and is versatile)

Keiran Stewart (release - has not overcome his injuries and his performances have been deteriorating)

Jamie Reid (release - is unable to offer enough in our team)

David Gold (release - is unable to offer enough in our team)

Darren Ramsay (release from loan deal, is not playing as well as he should/can. As a right midfielder he should play up the wing, not drop deep all the time)

Sergio Alvarez (release - is unable to offer enough in our team/has not really settled)

Jamie Henry (release - hasn't really offered anything to the team to improve the performances)

Joao Victoria (release - currently on transfer list but should be released)

Josh Skelly (release from loan deal, decent player but I believe the manager will look to other options)

As for signing options it depends who becomes available but some players of interest could be Euan Spark (Dundee Utd Youth Right Back), a return for Michael Travis(DF)?, Bryan Hodge(CM), Steven Doris(ST), Steven Swinglehurst(DF), Kevin Nicoll(CM), Peter Weatherson(ST), Jon Robertson(CM), Bryan Wharton(DF), Paul Woods(MF), Dean Brett(DF), Ali El Zubaidi(DF), Jason Scotland(ST).

Who would you like to see at Gayfield next season?

Weatherson is taking over at Shettleston as manager next season.

He's ancient as well, sure he stays in Carlisle? Him and the other suggestions were plucked out of thin air a wee bit I think. I'd hope to see Fotheringham brought in by Campbell.