The Arbroath Thread

Just now, Lichtie78 said:

To be fair if they have been playing abroad there could be a bit of fannying around required regarding registrations etc

Aye never thought of that. If only we knew their names so we could do a bit of Googling on them 

35 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Hamilton has a population of around 55,000 ( twice the size of Arbroath).

However, due to it's location (only 10 miles from Glasgow) - most local football fans unfortunately travel to support the old firm.

Across Scotland every town and city has buses leaving to support the two ugly sisters, but Hamilton gets it worse due it's location - this is why they have so few fans - most of them travel to support the two richest clubs in Scotland.

It was clearly a “tongue in cheek” comment

Wise Up

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

To be fair if they have been playing abroad there could be a bit of fannying around required regarding registrations etc

Remember being buzzing not hearing anything about Corfe for ages and then when he signed I was actually gutted - but hoping Lichtie23 is correct. Fingers crossed… get all the trialists punted 

3 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Hamilton has a population of around 55,000 ( twice the size of Arbroath).

However, due to it's location (only 10 miles from Glasgow) - most local football fans unfortunately travel to support the old firm.

Across Scotland every town and city has buses leaving to support the two ugly sisters, but Hamilton gets it worse due it's location - this is why they have so few fans - most of them travel to support the two richest clubs in Scotland.

Guess you dont understand the concept of a joke.

32 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Just unfortunate for Hamilton that they are within so close proximity to Glasgow in terms of getting decent match attendances.

Let me know you get to China.

On 02/07/2023 at 20:03, ExiledLichtie said:

Wait, what?  Crying out for a sky blue shirt?  Absolutely not!

No as in Maroon white and sky blue, The colors of our badge and our most famous and well liked Tayblast & Windmill Hotel replica kits from the past, Just think it looks amazing having all 3 together, Not too much sky blue but enough to break things up 🇱🇻🔥⚽🤩

12 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

We’ve launched a woman’s team. 

For me personally I’d much rather we launched a men’s youth side instead. 

Wonder where they will train and play?

Club has said for years we dont have the facilities to field or train a youth team.

11 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Wonder where they will train and play?

Club has said for years we dont have the facilities to field or train a youth team.

Astro at the high school I presume or seaton park

Edited by SmokeyJoe

That kit for the women’s team is a belter, wish we had it!

Suppose there is a space for us to have a team with Forfar Farmington not in the leagues anymore?

Edited by ellichtie

2 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

No as in Maroon white and sky blue, The colors of our badge and our most famous and well liked Tayblast & Windmill Hotel replica kits from the past, Just think it looks amazing having all 3 together, Not too much sky blue but enough to break things up 🇱🇻🔥⚽🤩

Absolutely not to sky blue on the kit

2 hours ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Astro at the high school I presume or seaton park

Don’t think they’re is a full size pitch at seaton ok, why no play at Gayfield 

1 minute ago, ecto said:

Absolutely not to sky blue on the kit

Don’t think they’re is a full size pitch at seaton ok, why no play at Gayfield 

Gayfield was pretty beat up towards the end of last season. I wouldn’t want any extra games played on it