The Arbroath Thread

Seaton park used to be a junior ground so can easily mark a full size pitch on it. 

Gayfield would be a mess with 2 teams playing on it as said above. 

Possibly will be the High School unless there is plans for an all weather option at Seaton. 

Edited by Hammerafc
Eta

35 minutes ago, ecto said:

Absolutely not to sky blue on the kit

Don’t think they’re is a full size pitch at seaton ok, why no play at Gayfield 

Why? It’s in the badge and our best ever kits as voted by the fans had sky blue in it 🤣🤣🤣 ⚽🇱🇻🔥

1 hour ago, ellichtie said:

That kit for the women’s team is a belter, wish we had it!

Suppose there is a space for us to have a team with Forfar Farmington not in the leagues anymore?

Both the woman’s top and the top worn at Ricky Littles testimonial are miles better than our new home top 🤣🤣🤣 🇱🇻⚽🔥

I wonder if this last minute out of the blue game against Stirling Albion is a chance for us to maybe be looking at Dale Carrick with a few to signing him 🇱🇻⚽🔥 Would be a cracking signing I reckon and it’s these types of players we should be looking at 🤩

4 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

I wonder if this last minute out of the blue game against Stirling Albion is a chance for us to maybe be looking at Dale Carrick with a few to signing him 🇱🇻⚽🔥 Would be a cracking signing I reckon and it’s these types of players we should be looking at 🤩

Stirling knew about it days ago, its just weird that we didn't announce it, but aye, I'd love us to be looking at Carrick.  

13 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Wishful thinking but it’ll just be cause it’s convenient and they’re able to play us - there’s an abundance of Dale Carrick footage floating about. I do agree though, if we were willing to cough up a £30k fee for Kane then why not test some other clubs resolve with bids for guys like that?

End of the day if sign any of these trialists I will just not understand what is going on.. 

7 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Is that not where Arbroath SC used to play?  Surely there was a full pitch there?

Was a big pitch, but now a collection of wee pitches, I think

7 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Why? It’s in the badge and our best ever kits as voted by the fans had sky blue in it 🤣🤣🤣⚽🇱🇻🔥

fine in the badge, but not on the actual shirt, as for that being voted our best ever shirt, never got it’s appeal to be honest 

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wishful thinking but it’ll just be cause it’s convenient and they’re able to play us - there’s an abundance of Dale Carrick footage floating about. I do agree though, if we were willing to cough up a £30k fee for Kane then why not test some other clubs resolve with bids for guys like that?

End of the day if sign any of these trialists I will just not understand what is going on.. 

It's so quiet and worrying just now that everyone seems to have most of there business done. I do think this cup where you have to have people signed up doesn't help and it causes panic to just get anyone signed up to have numbers,

It seemed like lessons were learned after last year with a couple of good solid signings to start with, would of hoped after last seasons disaster we would of continued that way 

1 hour ago, lichtiekev said:

It's so quiet and worrying just now that everyone seems to have most of there business done. I do think this cup where you have to have people signed up doesn't help and it causes panic to just get anyone signed up to have numbers,

It seemed like lessons were learned after last year with a couple of good solid signings to start with, would of hoped after last seasons disaster we would of continued that way 

Not sure most teams have most of their business done to be fair - hopefully we hear some good signing news soon - if one of the trialists signs then as far as I see it we may as well have a squad of 15. Any trialist and Jacobs will be utterly useless over the course of the season and last season showed what happens when you carry passengers. Remember this bench… (zero striker on park by the way) 

IMG_1875.png

Good to see we finally announced Saturdays friendly. The communication with the supporters is pathetic unless they are trying to sell something. 

I think I will head down to Forthbank on Saturday. My first visit since that momentous League 2 title win. Does anyone know of anywhere good to get lunch near the ground? 

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not sure most teams have most of their business done to be fair - hopefully we hear some good signing news soon - if one of the trialists signs then as far as I see it we may as well have a squad of 15. Any trialist and Jacobs will be utterly useless over the course of the season and last season showed what happens when you carry passengers. Remember this bench… (zero striker on park by the way) 

IMG_1875.png

That’s some grim reading. Both your post and the bench. I take it we lost that game and had zero shots on target ?

11 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

He was absolutely brilliant last season. Carrick and Hilson could be a very decent partnership at league 1 level. Keep your paws off 😂

5 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

He was absolutely brilliant last season. Carrick and Hilson could be a very decent partnership at league 1 level. Keep your paws off 😂

They will be - Hilson for me last year was probably the best he’d been for us. Had very much wanted rid for the 2 seasons previous but I think the clowns we signed last year showed his worth. He might not score a lot of goals but he can do a lot of good for the team.

If we were to sign one of these joker trialists it’s going to feel extremely similar to last year and losing LD. LD for me wasn’t the answer but he was far superior to the guys we replaced him with. Hopefully not a repeat this year, we offered Hilson something but really don’t think we would’ve been going out of our way to keep him. If we sign this big German numpty then we potentially should’ve made more of an effort. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Interesting to note that many of the teams in and around us have had a stack of trialists playing for them in their pre season games so far....  We seem to be the only set of fans vehemently opposed to trialists.....

Also very confusing to see these teams playing trialists when they've all got squads of 20/22 signed up and are all fully sorted for the season ahead, with ourselves miles behind :rolleyes: 

18 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

There seems to be an awful lot of revisionism going on, like everyone knew last season was going to be a disaster.  I don't recall that at all.  We bounced into last season full of positivity after beating St Mirren and winning our group.  

There was positivity but everyone was waiting on players coming in on loan to fill out attacking positions - they never ended up coming. Right up until deadline day we were hopeful and then Isiaka, Tait etc we’re announced

12 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Interesting to note that many of the teams in and around us have had a stack of trialists playing for them in their pre season games so far....  We seem to be the only set of fans vehemently opposed to trialists.....

Also very confusing to see these teams playing trialists when they've all got squads of 20/22 signed up and are all fully sorted for the season ahead, with ourselves miles behind :rolleyes: 

I honestly don’t think our fans are opposed to trialists per se. It’s a result of our recent experience with some of them proving less than capable and being played in place of more established players presumably just to give them game time.

If, as rumoured, we’re signing one of the recent bunch then I hope the fans will give him a chance before rushing to judgment.

Not all our competitors seem to have built a full squad. Thistle appear way down on numbers having lost some key players.

I’m looking forward to Stirling on Saturday. We should see a more capable team with some established players back. Definitely keen to see Slater play.

26 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I think the luxury the other clubs in this league have though is that their trialists are full time players coming from good clubs. Reading who Partick Thistle potentially had on trial last night for example and I’d be happy with us looking at any of them. Talk of them being from Scottish Premiership clubs and English League 1 / 2 etc. We cannot get guys like that

We are trying to be the best part time club and get the best part time players that is the market we need to be in to survive in the division, guys like that will have several offers on the table and will not need to come on trial. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

One of the issues that really had an impact last season on top of the recruitment was players leaving near the end of the transfer window. Low, Thomson, Donnely and Craigen all away in August. I can't see that being repeated this season.