The Arbroath Thread

2 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

That's all on campbell,

To start a game with one defender is pathetic, shouldn't be in this position 

Then to take off both wingers and our only bird is a joke,

Aye we actually looked good for a spell and as soon as they scored to make it 2-1 he chucked in the towel and completely fucked us with the subs 

That was horrendous at the back - but it’s to be expected. 

Did we just play David Gold centre half so he could tick off all the positions or what’s going on with that?

You lot need another five or six signings if you’re going to avoid relegation this season. That team was woeful tonight. I get you were missing TOB, Steele and Hamilton but surely Dick should have brought in other defenders before now? Starting Jacobs at RB is asking for bother.

I can tell he has his usual sea of midfielders but that’s obviously not enough. The German boy who came on and Slater were two of your poorer ones I thought. Balde and Bird were your better players but that’s not saying much.

9 minutes ago, C_titz said:

I didn’t expect you guys to be so bad. Bird looks a player though. 

We did when we seen the line up,only one defender fit,having to play 2 midfielder s and a winger in a back 4 🙈

1 minute ago, WHM said:

We did when we seen the line up,only one defender fit,having to play 2 midfielder s and a winger in a back 4 🙈

So all those seasons in the championship. Massive crowds . Financially stable . No defensive cover . Wow 

2 minutes ago, C_titz said:

So all those seasons in the championship. Massive crowds . Financially stable . No defensive cover . Wow 

Yes incase you haven’t noticed this has been pretty on brand for Dick for about a year now - we are great at signing small centre midfielders in abundance and the odd useless c**t of a striker with a fancy name from abroad 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

5 minutes ago, KeptieKyle said:

I got pelters for this previously... but he's 70 this year and I honestly think he should have bowed out on a high after securing survival again. 

There's till some at station park who think he shouldn't have been sacked, even though we were absolute honking and he deserved the boot.

Dick is good at what he does but he has a shelf life at each club he's at...

Should never be in a position where you start a game with one available recognised defender,

Should then never finish a game with the team we did, I've never seen such bad substitutions ever, 

Don't look like a team at all, don't look like we have a plan and don't look bothered, Only Gaston applauded the fans at the end the rest just fucked off up the tunnel,

Will no doubt get slated for this but there is no way Turan is going to offer anything, he looks miles off it, and you can add Norrie to that, Yeh he maybe hasn't had much time but you get a gut feeling with players and mine is he isn't up to it, add in Allen and Jacobs who can't even take a throw in, our squads an unbalanced mess,

Nothing to play for on Saturday for both teams, should be making it a fiver to get it or free for anyone who had to watch that tonight, 

1 minute ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

See yous in league one next season lads. 

With Tam and Steele back I don’t think we’re far away from being ok. We need a left back and a guy to do the dirty work in the middle of the park. Bird looks like he’ll be great for us this year and that was the main thing missing last year

2 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said: