The Arbroath Thread

11 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Montrose support ripping us for wearing that blue kit on Saturday 

6 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Like that matters. 

5 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Ripping us for supporting a brilliant and essential charity, stay classy montrose

League 1 forum for this pish 

Think we’re going to end up with a very strong squad… hopefully a positive result and performance tomorrow so it eases some of the negativity

Cowdenbeath seemed bad at the time but they went on and showed they were a decent enough side - impressed by them 

Forfar was good in spells but that back 4 and some of the defending was an absolute disaster and not sure we will ever see the likes of that again (maybe tomorrow if ToB and Steele not fit for it 😂) - so taking the fact the back 4 was what it was it was not great but not the end of the world 

St Mirren is probably the performance I was most disappointed in. Just felt off it and soft which was really frustrating 

Hope tomorrow goes well so we can look forward to next Friday

15 hours ago, WHM said:

I wonder if Anton Dowds will be pushed out the door at Partick with them signing another striker.

Unlikely. I’d expect Adeloye to be higher up our pecking order than Dowds, but it’s still just the three senior strikers we have.

I think he’ll probably be punted at the end of the season because he’s been terrible since about last November. 

1 hour ago, lichtiekev said:

Should of dropped the prices for tomorrow to try and get the numbers up a bit, 

Agree 

Also very interesting that it looks like Dick has stuck by what he said in his very first interview - a squad full of players without relying on any loans. 

If that happens then fair play to him. There are 2 or 3 punts but in a squad of 21 that’s fine

I think signing a defensive midfielder would be key. There needs to be someone willing to shield, and offer a short pass to, Little and ToB, so they're not constantly having to chase back (that's where all the rash challenges and red cards happen) and don't just smash the ball up the park when they get it. We have a great wealth of central midfielders who can create chances, but not when every ball from the back goes clean over their heads.

Even Stewart at left back would look a better option if there was a DM to drop in as cover when he goes forward and cuts inside, as that could be really effective.

I see folk here talking about having a strong squad, and I don't think that's untrue, but only if and when they are playing to their strengths. I think that's only going to happen when there's a defensive midfielder and enough defenders in the squad.