The Arbroath Thread

I remember being at the 1-1 cup game v Aberdeen. My dad got stand tickets for himself, me and my older brother. The first time I’d sat in the stand and the first time I’d been in a proper big crowd at Gayfield.

I thought we had a chance in the replay but I think we got pumped 5-0 at Pittodrie 😆.

The Ibrox win was my first ever football memory. I remember watching the highlights and my granny’s in Dundee at night. Even as a 5 year old I remember being chuffed that my home town team had won and that it was on the TV.

Edited by Tattie36

3 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

I remember being at the 1-1 cup game v Aberdeen. My dad got stand tickets for himself, me and my older brother. The first time I’d sat in the stand and the first time I’d been in a proper big crowd at Gayfield.

I thought we had a chance in the replay but I think we got pumped 5-0 at Pittodrie 😆.

The Ibrox win was my first ever football memory. I remember watching the highlights and my granny’s in Dundee at night. Even as a 5 year old I remember being chuffed that my home town team had won and that it was on the TV.

Unfortunately, I was watching the reserves getting hammered 0-5 by Rangers Reserves on the Saturday

However, Scotsport was on Sunday afternoons at the time. The STV colour TV cameras were at Ayr races on the Saturday, so they filmed the game at Ibrox. When transmitted, the sound was a good few seconds ahead of the film, so John Fletcher was only collecting the ball at halfway when the commentator (Arthur Montford?) was announcing that he had scored!

12 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Well done on the start to the season superb, quick question, whats the best chip shop in Arbroath?

Thank you in advance.

Hard now that peppos is under new ownership but I would say the Golden Haddock

6 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thanks will give it a go, got a Steeple in Carnoustie, don't rate it.

That or marcos on the shore I would say (yes might take stick for that but feel like it’s improved in recent years) 

I live in Forfar now and they’re utter shite through here so maybe everywhere just seems much better now who knows 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

The Harbour which used to be peppos use beef dripping which is always a bonus.

The Cairnie chip shop is also decent as is the Marina and Golden a Haddock. Lots of good options. Not a fan of Marcos but not had it in years so could well be better now. 

Edited by Hammerafc

18 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Well done on the start to the season superb, quick question, whats the best chip shop in Arbroath?

Thank you in advance.

When I'm up in Arbroath I usually go to Peppos (now the Harbour).  Marco's is also fine.

When I lived in Arbroath, and this is going back 20 years, I liked the Round O.  haven't been for a few years though, is it still going?

22 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you in advance.

Definitely peppos or now the harbour. Fish supper and white pudding chaser never disappoints 😋 

On 04/10/2023 at 15:02, SimonLichtie said:

Due to one of our ex players being an absolute top man and going out of his way to help with things, we now have some further match footage on our Youtube page :)

I've seen the Dundee footage previously - but the other four are completely new to me :)

All of these games are, of course, on the archive itself with full teams, game details etc. as well. Any questions etc. just get in touch and of course if anyone has any further AFC footage from the past that we can get online please do get in touch :)

SUPERB Simon, was at every game apart from the St Mirren game, great memories, keep it up, 36-0.

15 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

When I'm up in Arbroath I usually go to Peppos (now the Harbour).  Marco's is also fine.

When I lived in Arbroath, and this is going back 20 years, I liked the Round O.  haven't been for a few years though, is it still going?

Round O has been closed for quite a while now unfortunately.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

It still baffles me when I see Olusanya playing regularly for St Mirren. A truly awful football player at Gayfield last season 

Apart from his header against Cove he was absolutely stinking and spent most of the time on the deck 💩💩💩Honking

Edited by 36-0 Maroon