The Arbroath Thread

Honestly have no clue what Dick done wrong on Friday - there is only so much a manager can do 

12 points from first 9 games is good for me especially when 2 of they games were against United 

The 2 home defeats to QP and Inverness the big disappointments

Big games this and next Saturday before 2 cup games to finish the month off 

On 28/10/2023 at 17:31, Tattie36 said:

We need to get any ideas of promotion or playoffs out of our heads and concentrate on survival. 

Thankfully I doubt if any of the players will share your negative mindset .............

We have a great squad of players and a really good attacking options upfront - we have proved we can give any team in this league a game ( excluding United of course).

I hear what your saying, but we have players who can win games, have ambitions and want to challenge for greater things than just survival in his league - and that is exactly what they have been doing - rolling the dice and giving it there best shot for every game.

1 hour ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

If you like an artificial pitch!!

I may have worded that better, there were a few non league teams still involved which may have meant playing on a tattie field which would've been a leveller whereas this is not the case at spartans.

7 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Thankfully I doubt if any of the players will share your negative mindset .............

We have a great squad of players and a really good attacking options upfront - we have proved we can give any team in this league a game ( excluding United of course).

I hear what your saying, but we have players who can win games, have ambitions and want to challenge for greater things than just survival in his league - and that is exactly what they have been doing - rolling the dice and giving it there best shot for every game.

So do other teams though, other teams have good players who can win games etc etc etc which is why the leagues so tight 

Saying survival first is absolutely not a negative mindset or attitude to have or will it change absolutely anything on the park or within the players attitudes 

24 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Really like that maroon Clyde away kit - much nicer than our home kit imo. Stick some white shorts on and it would be even better. Picked by the fans from a choice of 3 supposedly.

Looks like a darker version of our strip when we won league 1

18 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Hey guys, a bit of a random question. Looking at getting tickets for the TNS game, what would you class as the age range on a junior ticket. Complete numpty on these things. I'm bringing along a 16 year old. Tried contacting TNS, but to no avail.

According to their website juniors are under 16. Should be ok to get him through for that ticket.

January is not too long away at all but would prefer he stayed - when things like this happen it usually ends up in the player moving on. There is a lot of potential there with Balde but also a lot he’s got to work on. Just glad we haven’t put Stowe out and wish we’d get him on the park more