The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, timlichtie said:

I think New Saints will be quite a test. Full time and 14 wins on the bounce according to Dick. Hammy and Steele in the centre? Stewart and Goldy at full backs, I guess. Not ideal.

Didn't realise they were full time i just assumed they were part time, gonna be tougher than i thought then perhaps. Only really paid any attention to their last game which was versus East Fife who they struggled to beat so not sure if they just had a poor game or that is the level they are at which i doubt if they are full time.

Anyway, we need to get a win on the board to get a bit of confidence back.

I think TNS are very much favourites for this tie. They win the Welsh league pretty much every year and play in Europe each season because of this. They're playing at home, are full-time and are on a huge unbeaten run so their confidence will be high. Obviously a win would be nice but personally I would rather concentrate on getting our league season back on track, not that there’s a choice of course.

26 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

They have average gates of 300 - wonder how they can afford to be full time ?

Will be a tough match - but a win is required to boost confidence and also a potential semi - final earner against United ( if they win their match).

Apparently they’re the Welsh Gretna. Not greatly popular within their own league.

2 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

They have average gates of 300 - wonder how they can afford to be full time ?

Will be a tough match - but a win is required to boost confidence and also a potential semi - final earner against United ( if they win their match).

I think they paid us 70-80 grand for McManus. 

The match on Saturday is a potential banana skin - The New Saints will be ready and well up for this game - they will treat this match as a cup final with a point to prove..............their manager has also attended our recent games against United and Airdrie, so they will be ready.

However, we really need to win this match, get the confidence back in the team, book our seat in the semi final and hit a good run of form.

Going to be a tough match - but one we need to win - if the player's hit their form we should win this.

35 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

Has there been anything about tickets for the Spartans game?

Tickets on sale on The Spartans website £16 for adults £11 for others. Didn't see anything for away supporters but probably no segregation i'm thinking.