The Arbroath Thread

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Edinburgh City were great to watch last season and he seems to have gone under the radar for me anyway - Shanley and Robertson were always the standouts but that’s probably because they were the ones putting it into the net more often. 

I like it - I think this may mean Stewart could be our right back with Little out if he’s a right midfielder with another left sided midfielder coming in to take the departing Hylton spot - hopefully Charlie Reilly 

John  Robertson was another good player for them....Now at EK!

And yeah probably goes under the radar a bit this lad but should be good signing.

4 hours ago, mo83 said:

John  Robertson was another good player for them....Now at EK!

And yeah probably goes under the radar a bit this lad but should be good signing.

Robertson signed for Linfield in the summer and got kicked out for doing a "George Boyle" if people remember that far back.

robbie.jpg.6224fba674eb2065dccf4078a8744c55.jpg

File under "talented but a looney" 

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Robertson signed for Linfield in the summer and got kicked out for doing a "George Boyle" if people remember that far back.

Ah right.....Silly Laddie.

23 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Also known as a "Robbie Fowler" for our older viewers.

Just looked at the picture again, yes it is indeed Robbie 

Edited by DUAFC

Gonna write that incident off completely - absolute madness and heat of the moment stuff - so daft 

Anyway - 8 days ago we would’ve been absolutely delighted with 4 points from 2 games and here everyone is gutted that we don’t have 6!!!! (7 if you include Raith) 

That was excellent to watch today and with a threadbare squad - with Innes Murray and some reinforcements in that squad I fully believe we can stay up now if that continues. A breath of fresh air and some great football today. Been a long time since I’ve seen a performance like that at Gayfield I feel. Proper positive performance and taking the game to them. Bringing Stowe on was a head scratcher for me but shows some real positive intent. 

Next 3 are so tough and would take a couple of points from them if you offered me them now but after that hopefully we can kick on 

2 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

What the hell was that fight all about?

Hylton went mental at not getting a pass - Bird had a go back and it escalated. Was completely unnecessary from Hylton and it’s ashame that it happened when he’s been our best player and one bright spark the past 6 month. 

ETA - I think that’s what happened, obviously couldn’t hear what was said 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

https://youtu.be/V4WRUJjQJsA?si=hCYiLPKd54eSA0qp

’completely unprofessional and both will be dealt with’ - I really am taking to Jum. 

Hopefully that’s the end of it and it’s dealt with in house, seems a good group in there, very annoying that it’s the main topic of discussion after today. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

16 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Didn't Hogg and Levein get punished by the sfa for the bust up they had in a friendly  against us in '94

Someone mentioned Levein punching someone to me at the game today funnily enough so must’ve been this incident, unless he has done it twice.

At the end of the day this sort of thing will be happening all the time in changing rooms but it is unusual for fans to see it on the park

I thought we played very well today. Very organised and nice passing. Gold and Slater were very good and Norey was exceptional. Tam, Steele and Stewart solid. Hammy is, not surprisingly, a bit off the pace. I love McIntosh. He offers a lot in attack and works incredibly hard. And yes, Bird and Hylton were class, but oh my that was shocking. Stowe was a bit lost playing out of position when he came on. I don’t understand why it wasn’t Lyon. Thuran was quite poor for his few minutes. Norey mom for me. Could have been Bird but…

I’ve saw a video of it back - Jay Bird does very little wrong to be completely honest. It’s not as bad as what I thought at the time but Hylton just has a head loss and goes over (standing 5 yards away from each other) and starts trying to grab Bird. Bird just reacting and trying to get him off.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

54 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’ve saw a video of it back - Jay Bird does very little wrong to be completely honest. It’s not as bad as what I thought at the time but Hylton just has a head loss and goes over (standing 5 yards away from each other) and starts trying to grab Bird. Bird just reacting and trying to get him off.

I thought Bird was unlucky for the first booking and then not sure what he is supposed to do when getting attacked by Hylton.

Hylton made a mistake today but he’s been a massive part of us picking up points this season and his commitment cannot be brought into question when he plays.

He fires into tackles and gives his absolute all, you can see his desire to win, if he makes a mistake he will punch the ground in frustration and he never ever stops. That’s just what that was today, it was so very stupid and a total heads gone but that’s a really competitive person and football player. Frustration obviously boiled over and that was the result. 

Not letting it tarnish all the hard work he’s put in and the contribution he’s made to us actually getting points. It’s a team game, he let down the team today, on other days he’s won the team games. Don’t see what anyone gains from throwing the guy under the bus. 

It is something that will happen in changing rooms all the time. Should not be happening on the park, but it did, it will be dealt with and life goes on