The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Question for you 

What have you seen since September to think the team is good enough to stay up? Take your time. 

Boruc

Teale TOB Hammy Delaney

Stewart Gold Mckenna Slater Reilly

Bird

With a much stronger bench and options that gives me the confidence 🇱🇻⚽🔥🙌💪

I would be throwing Reilly McKenna Bird & Mcintosh on in this second half 🇱🇻🔥💪⚽️ All fantastic attacking options, We need the 3 points so let’s go all out to get them 🙌🙌🙌  

I think at this point in the season all us Lichties would rather some excitement and that we just went for it as draws are absolutely no use. We need goals and 3 points. It’s better to fight and try than not to bother at all imo.

We have decent players but have absolutely shite squad balance and depth with either DC f**k ups or JM trying corrections. I’d say our poorer players come from DC but now can’t get rid as no one’s wants them proving harder from JM movement. Results / performances have improved slightly but would take time and we don’t have that which will unfortunately relegate us due to DC failings and of course the injuries 

Todays game was crying out for McIntosh to come on for Dow. Needed someone who can run with the ball and link up with the striker.

Get him and Reilly down the wings and McKenna behind Bird up top and we can cause teams problems. 

46 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Dow is shite. Offers f**k all on the wing and as he soon as he gets to the final third he has no clue what to do.

Bizarre. Thought dow was probably our best player and about the only player trying to play football.

Gonna be pretty difficult to escape the drop now, another last minute sickener to add to our cursed season. Surprised no McIntosh in the team as we had nothing up top in the 1st half although we had a better 2nd half and good to see McKenna coming back. Might see Bird actually win a header or a hold onto the ball before the season ends though, something to look forward too.