The Arbroath Thread

2 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

We are in such a mess,

The last season and a half have been a complete shambles,

There is absolutely no chance we are escaping relegation again, we had a wee boost when the new manager come in and had some better performances, but that seems a distant memory now 

Have to agree with all of this. Saturday was terrible and we were incredibly lucky to escape with a point. ICT could have easily scored 3 or 4. Wasn’t at Dunfermline but that was just as bad by all accounts. Tonight is shaping up to be a pumping. These are 3 games that were earmarked as winnable or the dreaded “must win” against teams in the bottom half of the table. We’ve had 2 poor, scraped draws and a doing in progress.

Absolutely dreading Friday.

Unlike some here - I’m not positive about next season at all. I’ve seen far too many teams over the years get into a downward spiral which is incredibly difficult to get out of.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McIntyre was never the guy.

Wasn't most peoples choice but has been backed by fans and club,

Had a positive start but seem to be going backwards,

Most fans are realistic and it was gonna be a massive ask to stay up again, But going down without a fight and not putting in any decent performances is really frustrating

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

McIntyre was never the guy.

The vast amount of injuries we have suffered before and after JMc came in has led to him having 2 hands tied behind his back. Coupled with a squad lacking any depth in defence, a small midfield and no width it was a tough ask for anyone. 

Our luck has run out and we need to rebuild. Simple as that 

Just now, SmokeyJoe said:

3 strikers on the bench and yet not one on the park McIntyre has to start getting judged properly now. And tonight’s been embarrassing so far 

Both Bird and McIntosh in recent games have looked to be struggling with fitness. Might be down to not being fully fit.

Just now, RedLichtie86 said:

Both Bird and McIntosh in recent games have looked to be struggling with fitness. Might be down to not being fully fit.

McKenna not exactly fit as well is he play bird and mcintosh 45 mins each if you have to get a proper striker on the park. Hampden's massive need your striker to drag you up the park 

46 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

The vast amount of injuries we have suffered before and after JMc came in has led to him having 2 hands tied behind his back. Coupled with a squad lacking any depth in defence, a small midfield and no width it was a tough ask for anyone. 

Our luck has run out and we need to rebuild. Simple as that 

When the rebuild has to start who of the current squad Would we keep?? For me it would be Gaston, TOB, Stewart McIntosh and McKenna. Maybe Slater as we will be a league lower but that it for me.

Edited by Hayshead2

15 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

When the rebuild has to start who of the current squad Would we keep?? For me it would be Gaston, TOB, Stewart and McKenna. Maybe Slater as we will be a league lower but that it for me.

I'm guessing Murray, Walker, and perhaps some of the new signings will be here next year too, haven't seen much from any to be positive about though,

McIntosh and Gold would be kept surely too

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Still, at least we're not playing Ali Adams.

Ali Adams was never good enough.

Otherwise he wouldnt have been playing in the 5th/6th Tier most of his career.

In my 7+decades supporting Arbroath I have witnessed several times when the Club has been as low as now, however this is not the time to be jumping the ship. 

McIntyre may not be the man for the job but let us be clear the seeds of the present dilemma we're sown by the previous manager. 

59 minutes ago, keptie said:

McIntyre cannot be held culpable for this season after what he has had to deal with. Judge him next season,

If Arbroath go down that will be three clubs in a row he’s played a part in relegating.  He really needs to start choosing his employers more carefully as some people may start thinking he’s the common denominator.

Edited by Shadow Play