Stowe

Norey

Lyon

Bird

I think we will lose to EF/will just leave but want them to stay:

Hammy

Little

Adams

Anyone else is either on loan or we should be looking to punt imo - maybe harsh on Delaney given he's been injured the whole time he's played for us. Everyone else McIntyre has signed is gash.

I also think we should cut our losses with McIntyre - I don't think he'll keep us up and I have no faith that he'll get us promoted next season. Has about as much charisma as a fire at an orphanage.

Bird and Norey are definitely one and done they’d have to permanently move into the town or up to Scotland and find work if they wanted to stay at Arbroath.

In regards to McIntyre, no manager anywhere can be a success if they’ve not been given a chance to build up their own team. He inherited an absolute shit show and the shit show become even worse with the crazy injury situation he’s had to contend with and trying to sign players in January is extremely tough. The squads been bigger on numbers in recent weeks but it’s still players back then out again and it’s all a bit of a mess still there is no chance of any consistency. 

We have just got a whole new staff in I do not see what the point would be in getting rid and starting all that again. McIntyre is the manager but there are a whole load of people involved with the players behind the scenes he’s not got to be some charismatic patter merchant he’s just got to make signing’s and pick the team and how it sets up.

Would surely need to give him a chance to do that otherwise we’re back to square one 

Couldn't give a monkeys about McIntyre's "charisma" as long as when gets his own players in he can do a good job as manager. At least when getting interviewed he doesn't give us a lot of guff.

Only side we see to McIntyre is the ‘professional’ stuff too.

Me and a couple of my mates bumped into him in a pub in Glasgow after we got beat 2 zip from Partick Thistle this time last year and he was absolutely brand new and was happy to talk and have a laugh and tell us some stories for 10-15 minutes. 

I mean I get it that’s how football is now and everyone wants change and success so fair enough but just don’t see how it’s a fair shot at the job if we were to get rid in the summer personally 

In fairness I do agree re not needing a patter merchant etc - I was more meaning he doesn't inspire faith in me that he can do anything positive for us. I'm probably dwelling on the QP result the other week too much but if that's how we play against a relegation rival in a must win game then I'm not expecting much from him. I'd imagine the board will keep him on regardless of us going down, I'd love to be proven wrong.

I think Jim McIntyre has come across really well in his interviews so far. His approach is totally different to what we’ve been used to. Despite some heavy defeats he’s been pretty calm and measured. I’ve heard good things about his assistant too.

I suspect they won’t be too concerned about the prospect of some of our established players moving on. The squad needs a total rebuild from the successful group of 2 seasons ago. The fact that no one could seriously name a current Arbroath player who might step up a level or be poached by a rival illustrates where we are.

3 hours ago, timlichtie said:

I think Jim McIntyre has come across really well in his interviews so far. His approach is totally different to what we’ve been used to. Despite some heavy defeats he’s been pretty calm and measured. I’ve heard good things about his assistant too.

I suspect they won’t be too concerned about the prospect of some of our established players moving on. The squad needs a total rebuild from the successful group of 2 seasons ago. The fact that no one could seriously name a current Arbroath player who might step up a level or be poached by a rival illustrates where we are.

It’s nice to have a manager who sees things as they are and doesn’t haver, but for me McIntyre is too calm and measured. A bit of fight and anger when we lose yet again or let in another 4 against DU wouldn’t go amiss. Right now passion is what we need. 

20 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

It’s nice to have a manager who sees things as they are and doesn’t haver, but for me McIntyre is too calm and measured. A bit of fight and anger when we lose yet again or let in another 4 against DU wouldn’t go amiss. Right now passion is what we need. 

He probably was angry in the dressing room, just because on camera he appears calm and measured doesn't mean he isn't passionate. 

Don’t think it would come across too well if he was like that in an interview on the clubs YouTube. They things tend to go viral, I can think of several occasions like that most noticeably Billy Brown at EF and John Hughes at well a few places.

Stewart, McKenna, Gold and Lyon have to be an absolute priority right now in terms of getting them signed up for a length of time. Steele, Stowe, Slater, Murray and McIntosh are already on deals. That would be a good core to build from, next targets have got to be established PT players who can build up the squad. Don’t have to be guys who are too flashy or stand out on paper either. But this rebuild has got to be done correctly.

I’d like ToB, Hamilton Gaston to stay but not sure what they’ll be looking for. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I think TOB has 3 years left on his current deal.

Iv heard from a few folk Hammy away at the end of the season and Bayview his likely destination. A cracking servant but hasn’t been the same player since coming back from injury this season. 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

I think TOB has 3 years left on his current deal.

Iv heard from a few folk Hammy away at the end of the season and Bayview his likely destination. A cracking servant but hasn’t been the same player since coming back from injury this season. 

I hope a LB is high up on Jim's targets for next season.

13 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

He’s literally never played LB for us…

He’s played LB at East Fife 

Edit - And I’m positive he’s played both CB and LB this season before suffering what looks like a season ending injury 

Edited by lichtie23

56 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

He’s played LB at East Fife 

Edit - And I’m positive he’s played both CB and LB this season before suffering what looks like a season ending injury 

I thought Steele was a RB/CB? Can’t remember him playing LB for us.

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I thought Steele was a RB/CB? Can’t remember him playing LB for us.

He’s definitely been there at times. Maybe not started there tho. This season has been such a drain that I could be wrong tho. I also seen this when we announced his signing in the summer ⬇️

IMG_1008.jpeg

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

He’s definitely been there at times. Maybe not started there tho. This season has been such a drain that I could be wrong tho. I also seen this when we announced his signing in the summer ⬇️

IMG_1008.jpeg

Yeah, hard to remember who’s played when and where this season.

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Yeah, hard to remember who’s played when and where this season.

Will pop over to the excellent Arbroath Archive site and see if that can tell me