The Arbroath Thread

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I can't understand it? My team literally done the same thing yours has done although went one better and got relegated to League 2. The season we went down it was grim to watch but it was nowhere fucking near the teams we had stinking out the basement division. Trust me, you have a long way to go before "worst ever" chat can be valid. You'll have one of the biggest if not the biggest budget in this league and folk are going on as if you're travelling to play Teuchtar Thistle on a public park this weekend. 

Absolutely fair in fairness re Dumbarton. 

But Arbroath worst ever record was 11 defeats in a row I am sure, we are on 14 verging on 15 depending on tonight.

So technically I don’t think the worst ever shouts are unfair, not in terms of overall position because we were punching above our weight but in terms of watching the team on a week to week basis. 

7 hours ago, timlichtie said:

Interestingly I noticed several of the long distance Lichties at the game on Saturday. Some travel far and have done for many years. Good to see these stalwarts not put off by recent performances.

Really wish I had the means to attend more games. I've been through the rough and the smooth like many fan albeit on a lesser scale.

From a time of travelling by train from Leicester on a Saturday, to see a 90 minute 0-0 damp squib v Brechin to being part of the incredible group of fans fir helicopter Saturday in Stirling. 

Going through the highs and lows is all part of being a football fan.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Snap! 

To only have 3 subs available at this stage of the season is clearly a sign of mismanagement!

So when is your manager getting sacked for this dereliction of duty?

4 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

To only have 3 subs available at this stage of the season is clearly a sign of mismanagement!

I'm hoping he's not taking chances or something. Very bizarre. Really hope they aren't all injured!

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I'm hoping he's not taking chances or something. Very bizarre. Really hope they aren't all injured!

WHAT! A manager not willing to risk players getting a worse injury to get a result. That is scandalous.

We would never accept that here.

9 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

They sacked their manager in May.  You may recall that the oft repeated argument for keeping our management was for better and earlier recruitment so that exactly this didn't happen...

12 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

They sacked their manager in May.  You may recall that the oft repeated argument for keeping our management was for better and earlier recruitment so that exactly this didn't happen...

Yes player recruitment has a massive impact on injuries and suspensions. 

Do you actually think before you post?

Just now, Hammerafc said:

Yes player recruitment has a massive impact on injuries and suspensions. 

You don't think that player recruitment has anything to do with us having only 2 outfield subs and playing a midfielder up front?  Nothing at all?  

6 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

You don't think that player recruitment has anything to do with us having only 2 outfield subs and playing a midfielder up front?  Nothing at all?  

More that we have 3 players injured and 1 suspended with the window open until the end of August and not able to play trialists in this competition. 

Loans also are often after the League cup group stages are completed but don't let that get in the way of the narrative you constantly spin.

Edited by Hammerafc

On 22/07/2024 at 14:26, ExiledLichtie said:

If we only had 10 players in our squad, some of our fans on here would still defend that as absolutely the right decision.  

5 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

More that we have 3 players injured and 1 suspended with the window open until the end of August and not able to play trialists in this competition. 

Loans also are often after the League cup group stages are completed but don't let that get in the way of the narrative you constantly spin.

🙄