The Arbroath Thread

I've been told that due to Gordon Walker's good showing on Tuesday as a subtitute he is being moved up from number 20 to number 16 to signify his importance to the squad.

A really solid move IMO - good work from the management in rewarding players for good performances.

3 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I've been told that due to Gordon Walker's good showing on Tuesday as a subtitute he is being moved up from number 20 to number 16 to signify his importance to the squad.

A really solid move IMO - good work from the management in rewarding players for good performances.

Stowe next? 

17 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I was told it’s to represent the 16 strikers we’re bringing to the squad in the event of an injury crisis/mass shooting at the training ground

1 minute ago, lichtiekev said:

Hopefully is how many players we are signing to keep up with the Injuries,

Funny how it's not on the Facebook page, that makes me think it's what Simon had said is actually true 

I've heard it from several different sources now, and I'm really pleased for Gordon. It just shows you, a solid performance off the bench in a dead rubber cup tie in July can really get you up the pecking order.

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

If its a new permanent signing, there's going to be some very unhappy people on here, considering the squad size was apparently perfect and we were just waiting for loans.

death taxes and you talking out your hoop you smelly weapon 

In terms of the time of signings/ squad size/ timings etc. etc. - I found this rather interesting from when we signed Keith Watson yesterday:

image.png.41ed2e0a5b74e6abba7ff057154fb779.png

Essentially - in July many players take time to weigh up their options before committing to a club for the season. Would we have been better signing someone of lesser ability/ taking a punt or whatever two weeks ago when Watson didn't immediately snap our hand off, or waiting it out and ending up getting the player we wanted? We did the latter, and he's now our player, and a signing that is universally approved of. Two weeks in July - irrelevant, the 9 month league season is everything.

1 minute ago, ellichtie said:

I’m going to fight the social media guy just announce the fucking signing.

I am going to be controversial and say I actually quite enjoy the intrigue… 👀