The Arbroath Thread

6 hours ago, JobbieSandwich said:

Have to feel for TOB and Scott Stewart.

Just over 2 years ago the line up was;

Gaston
Thomson Little TOB Co. Hamilton
Stewart Ch. Hamilton Low Craigen
McKenna J. Hamilton

What a drop in standards, utter mismanagement in the pursuit of personal gains.

Add nouble in there too

17 hours ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

If there was 1 game this season that we NEED to turn up it’s to be against these c***s. 

4-4-2 

McAdams

Wilkie

ToB

Watson

Bisland

Coulson

Gold(If fit- slater if not)

Callaghan

Stewart

Reilly

Gallagher

What a creative waste land that centre midfield is

Wait...what?  Our pies are famous throughout the league.  They've always been Robertson's pies.  This can't be goodbye, can it?

Edited to add, its not 100% clear.  Is this a goodbye, or just a badly phrased bit of advertising?

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Think Pie Bobs are taking over the catering. Dont think the club makes much of a profit off the pie stands so if this deal brings morr m9ney in by leasing them out then it makes financial sense.

But at the cost to our stomachs from the inferior pies.

Mrs. ExiledLichtie has been to precisely one game and had one pie, and ever since then, I've had to vary my matchday routine to pop into the butchers so I can bring her a couple steak pies home whenever I'm in Arbroath.

We also stopped in pie bob's a couple of times. She's never once asked me to bring anything back from there.

This seems like an extraordinarily poor decision.

Still mind seeing them put the filling in the pies.

Basically Slop that was meant to be steak and gravy straight out of a red bucket into a pastry case.

Have avoided the pies since.

Terrible change. Steak and black pudding pies have been the only decent thing about gayfield the last 2 seasons 

shite pies shite football another good move from the club 🙃

Edited by SmokeyJoe

With the catering being outsourced and Robertson's not wanting to take that on then feels like a mutual split.

Not usually one to get a pie at the match. Normally have my Robertson's pie on Saturday lunchtime and not at the game so that won't change for me.

Oh for the halcyon days when the club could do no wrong - on and off the pitch.

What next, changing the kit colours to blue and white? selling Gayfield to ground share with Vics at Ogilvy Park? 🤣😩

Its not that Pie Bobs are bad pies, they're fine.  They're just not special.   They aren't the sort of pies that people will make an effort to seek out and try.  It seems a bit tone deaf.  Like, I don't think people really cared about our stadium name.  Our stands and enclosures didn't have names (apart from switchie and harbour), so no big deal getting some revenue there.  Having more sponsors on our shirts is just the modern way, so that's fine.  But I think as a club we were proud of our steak and black pies, and taking this away to chase some money seems totally tone deaf.

7 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

So, when is the conspiracy theory that the club are renting out the Meadowbank flats to allow Pie Bobs to increase their pie production facilities going to make its appearance?

Well, funny you mention it.....

Like it or not, with the clubs relegation and less money coming in from prize money, ticket sales, hospitality then the club needs to find other sources of revenue.

This deal might help fund a wage for another player.