The Arbroath Thread

4 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Yes I’m pretty sure they close at midnight. Canny have you pish heeds wrecking the sitty doon bit 😂😂😂

I’ll be out early doors for gayf, followed by smoker I’ll be bedded long before pie bobs even a thought 🤣🤣

OMG. Piegate is making us look really tinpot. This is very embarrassing. Folk need to get a grip. 
This will end up in the media and we’ll be a laughing stock. 

Edited by TheRoundO

1 minute ago, TheRoundO said:

OMG. Piegate is making us look really tinpot. This is very embarrassing. Folk need to get a grip. 

Heids Gone moment from quite a lot of folk.

9 hours ago, lichtiemike said:

For the avoidance of doubt, this would’ve been a very unpopular decision even if we were flying on the pitch, for folk to suggest otherwise is just daft. 

Fair enough, but there is being an unpopular decision and then there’s the club having to remove a post about it because of the response it got - don’t think the latter happens 

9 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

I’ll be out early doors for gayf, followed by smoker I’ll be bedded long before pie bobs even a thought 🤣🤣

10.59am be there or be square 

1 hour ago, TheRoundO said:

I thought we all went to gayfield to watch the football, it's been a big surprise to me that people have actually been attending in order to eat Robertsons pies.

The reaction on social media is exactly why I have our Facebook page now muted, a shame as I contribute to the material, but I've absolutely no interest in reading the drivel commented on every single post. It's real point and laugh stuff for anyone who isn't an Arbroath fan.

10 hours ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

I really wouldn’t be shocked if pie bobs pull out of this/have already pulled out of this due to the negative reaction leaving us high and dry with no food supplier going into this season

I agree, I suggest that we all lay off and let us see how things develop. 

13 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

What next, changing the kit colours to blue and white? selling Gayfield to ground share with Vics at Ogilvy Park? 🤣😩

I honestly think that if this was to happen, 1320lichtie and rl86 would be on here telling us that this was the right decision, and that it didnt matter where we played or what our kit looks like, and that anyone who complained wasn't a proper fan.  After all, we all go to Ogilvy park to watch the mighty blue and white lichties, nothing else matters.  Oh, and this would free up money for another signing.  Which we didn't need anyway as our squad size was perfect.

The club tell us that they listen to feedback and encourage us to get in touch, and yet our superfans on here tell us we should never criticise the club under any circumstances.  If we aren't allowed to criticise the club's decisions in public, then how is the club going to know that the fans arent happy about things?

The facebook comments looked like a total swamp, as is usual for facebook, and massively over the top, as is usual for facebook, and its pie bobs I feel bad for, but surely the club must have expected this?  It can't have taken them by surprise that this would be a deeply unpopular opinion?  

12 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I honestly think that if this was to happen, 1320lichtie and rl86 would be on here telling us that this was the right decision, and that it didnt matter where we played or what our kit looks like, and that anyone who complained wasn't a proper fan.  After all, we all go to Ogilvy park to watch the mighty blue and white lichties, nothing else matters.  Oh, and this would free up money for another signing.  Which we didn't need anyway as our squad size was perfect.

The club tell us that they listen to feedback and encourage us to get in touch, and yet our superfans on here tell us we should never criticise the club under any circumstances.  If we aren't allowed to criticise the club's decisions in public, then how is the club going to know that the fans arent happy about things?

The facebook comments looked like a total swamp, as is usual for facebook, and massively over the top, as is usual for facebook, and its pie bobs I feel bad for, but surely the club must have expected this?  It can't have taken them by surprise that this would be a deeply unpopular opinion?  

Contact the 2 SLO’s

Two whole pages on pies 🤣. I think Pie Bobs almost got the gig last season. Not a lot of money in it for the pie suppliers to football clubs who want them for next to nothing, the biggest thing they get out of it the publicity.