The Arbroath Thread

1 minute ago, lichtiekev said:

Gotta be more to it with Steele leaving,

That's a massive surprise.

Like what?

He was at Goldies testimonial thing on Sunday. Probably just wanted to play more and to play in his position (centre half) which he’s not going to do here 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Like what?

He was at Goldies testimonial thing on Sunday. Probably just wanted to play more and to play in his position (centre half) which he’s not going to do here 

I'd understand that if he was going to somewhere he would be 100% a starter and not a rival on out league,

Flynn is, on paper, an excellent signing.

If, and obviously no-one can tell for another month or so, we've upgraded at right back/ third choice centre back and got in a central midfielder with a bit of quality, then it's been an excellent days business :)

Just now, lichtie23 said:

I might be reading it wrong but the club seem to be giving Goldy and Hammy full control. Therefore it makes me think they are the preferred choices for managers 

It kind of looks that way from the quotes made by Flynn.

Flynn could either be brilliant or terrible 

I’m intrigued

Steele I would’ve kept cause you know what you’re getting and I trust him, don’t trust Bisland yet, overall I can see why he’s away and I can also see why people wanted him to stay 

1 minute ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

It kind of looks that way from the quotes made by Flynn.

I'm ok with them in charge, they will have the whole support behind them and hopefully the negativity from the stands calms

If they were charge at start of season if guarantee we would be in a better position on and off the field 

Flynn has some pedigree and might be just what we need in CM.

He’s no spring chicken but neither were Sheerin or Low etc.

Disappointed with Steele leaving to a competitor but if Sinclair is as decent as Morton fans thought then might be ok.

Squad of 18 I think so room for 2-3 loans.