The Arbroath Thread

2 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Flynn could be another Jacobs.

In all seriousness going by what St Mirren fans are saying about him and how Gold and Hamilton have described him and just his career in general looks a completely different type of player to Jacobs 

1 minute ago, Water Tower Wullie said:

This is an excellent signing. 

Not just for what he brings onfield, but off field experience and professionalism.  This might just be dynamo needed at present time.  A bit of competition for Callahan too. 

Hopefully competition is slang for benching him for the rest of the season

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

Its quite a young squad, and so having some experience is no bad thing.  Its a squad game.  

It's not really that young a squad though is it. 8 over 30 and 3 not far off. I agree we do have some youth though.

I’m very happy with Flynn coming in. Could be a superb signing and just what we need positionally.

Well over 400 appearances at a much much higher level, including a very large chunk of his career at Sheffield United yet some folk are disappointed ffs.

We’re not at the pointy end of the Championship anymore, what kind of player do some folk think we should be signing in our position?

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In all seriousness going by what St Mirren fans are saying about him and how Gold and Hamilton have described him and just his career in general looks a completely different type of player to Jacobs 

I am meaning that his legs could be gone and turns and runs like he is in treacle. At 35/36 he maybe experienced but worried that playing a full 90 might be a struggle for him.

2 minutes ago, Blablabla said:

Hopefully Flynn can do a Chris Hamilton type role for us 🤞

Thinking he’s more of a Nicky Low type although not really seen him play in a few years. 

Just now, RedLichtie86 said:

I am meaning that his legs could be gone and turns and runs like he is in treacle. At 35/36 he maybe experienced but worried that playing a full 90 might be a struggle for him.

Possibly but at same time it’s not overly old, will just have to wait and see - I’ve no idea what to expect but can only trust Goldie and Hammys judgement for just now 

What a bizarre evening 

10 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I’m very happy with Flynn coming in. Could be a superb signing and just what we need positionally.

Well over 400 appearances at a much much higher level, including a very large chunk of his career at Sheffield United yet some folk are disappointed ffs.

We’re not at the pointy end of the Championship anymore, what kind of player do some folk think we should be signing in our position?

Agreed. Flynn is a lad with his head switched on and should be influential amongst the team.  It’s still early in the season, time for some positivity. 

The obvious answer to our midfield woes is to move TOB to defensive midfield where he can indulge his impetuous charges with less risk while being his usual imperious self. That is if Sinclair (or someone else) can be good enough at CB. 

So if new signings are ready and able -

McAdams

Bisland Sinclair Watson Wilkie

TOB

Stewart Flynn Gold Coulson

Reilly or Gallagher 

should be solid and enough up front. 
Or Stewart at RB with Murray in front. 

Edited by TheRoundO

Hope we can get some of that first hour against Dumbarton today.

Build from that and a win, as always, is massive.

Sad to see Aaron moving on suspect he was hacked off with prior lack of game time like a few have said.

With JM gone though there is real room for optimism and I think - based on last week alone - it’s justified.

With JM there was less than zero.

First time for a long time am looking forward to the match!

‘Mon the Lichties

🇱🇻

Just now, Blawin a Hoolie said:

Hope we can get some of that first hour against Dumbarton today.

Build from that and a win, as always, is massive.

Sad to see Aaron moving on suspect he was hacked off with prior lack of game time like a few have said.

With JM gone though there is real room for optimism and I think - based on last week alone - it’s justified.

With JM there was less than zero.

First time for a long time am looking forward to the match!

‘Mon the Lichties

🇱🇻

I really hope today is a good one because there’s nothing worse than feeling this way and then it all going Pete Tong which we’re so very used to - fingers crossed 

I think today probably be our toughest test yet in this league. I am not even sure how I would personally set up but just going to trust Goldie and Hammy for time being

There is no doubt it is a good feeling going into a game without the negativity of an individual being around hanging over it though