The Arbroath Thread

Hearts game Thursday 30th July

That is not the best news we have had this week. Not easy for fans to get through to Edinburgh after a working day let alone the players who have full time jobs.

That is not the best news we have had this week. Not easy for fans to get through to Edinburgh after a working day let alone the players who have full time jobs.

Had more awkward away trips than that before bud. Elgin away and Annan away midweek last year was it not? Edinburghs pretty central atleast. Sure it won't be a problem.

Aye it's gonna stop a fair few fans travelling to the game as well. If most finish work at 5 it's going to be a nightmare to get to the capital from Arbroath. Dundee rush hour traffic is an absolute pain in the arse to start

Who does jamie Clarke play for?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Clarke_(footballer,_born_1982)

2002–2004 Mansfield Town 33 (1)

2004–2006 Rochdale 63 (1)

2006–2007 Boston United 51 (3)

2007–2010 Grimsby Town 74 (3)

2010 York City 7 (0)

2010–2011 Gainsborough Trinity 17 (0)

2011–2012 Guiseley 52 (1)

Been at Broughty Athletic last season. This on their website from when he signed.

'Jamie who is a midfielder born in Sunderland, who has recently came back from Thailand after coaching for the national team for the past 2 years. He is also son of Dundee United physio Jeff Clarke'

Watched him a few times because my mate was at them and he never really impressed, never got much time on the ball. Mate was always raving about him though. Looked good the other night anyway, I would be happy to see him sign. Can play centre half or central midfield.

Heard from a few sources now that Montrose look like a shambles so far this pre season, heard from a few boys that know people who have trained with them and they're all saying the same thing. They better hurry up and get their arse in gear, not long until the season starts mate. ;)

ETA: should be a promising young ex Dundee striker playing tonight. I think.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1320 heard complete opposite heard their looking sharp and training is going well.we will be fine don't you worry about us.will see what sort of trialists we have by tommorow nite!everyone is in the same boat players are waiting till last minute to commit to a club.

From what I've seen of Clarke, I think 6 of his last 7 competitive games, I think he would certainly be able to play at our level and I was very pleased to hear he put in a good show on Tuesday. Hopefully he play tonight, shows the same again and we snap him up. A very experienced, but not ancient, ex professional of 10 + years who can comfortably play in two of our needed positions sounds good on paper, and I'd say is backed up in the performances I saw.

Gayfield wasn't the same without you on Tuesday SL - Glad to see you back tonight :P

The whole team played well on Tuesday, but I was left impressed by how they seemed to have an understanding with one another, when you consider only Linn, Stewart, Little and Johnstone started from last season it was very encouraging. Hay and Clarke looked very composed on the ball and both were looking to come out with the ball to set up an attack and I'm sure it was one of these counters by Hay that led to Hester's goal. Gold and Reid both looked hungry to win possession back. Fleming to be honest had little to do. I thought Stewart was a contender for man of the match. It certainly leaves TL a nice headache as Whatley still has to come in and also Wilson as well. The difference in height was quite noticeable - Fleming is a giant, Hay, Munro, Stewart, Clarke and Coult all must be well over 6 foot.

Maybe see more of a traditional pre-season friendly tonight with lots of substitutes in the second 45.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Clarke_(footballer,_born_1982)

2002–2004 Mansfield Town 33 (1)

2004–2006 Rochdale 63 (1)

2006–2007 Boston United 51 (3)

2007–2010 Grimsby Town 74 (3)

2010 York City 7 (0)

2010–2011 Gainsborough Trinity 17 (0)

2011–2012 Guiseley 52 (1)

Been at Broughty Athletic last season. This on their website from when he signed.

'Jamie who is a midfielder born in Sunderland, who has recently came back from Thailand after coaching for the national team for the past 2 years. He is also son of Dundee United physio Jeff Clarke'

Watched him a few times because my mate was at them and he never really impressed, never got much time on the ball. Mate was always raving about him though. Looked good the other night anyway, I would be happy to see him sign. Can play centre half or central midfield.

Heard from a few sources now that Montrose look like a shambles so far this pre season, heard from a few boys that know people who have trained with them and they're all saying the same thing. They better hurry up and get their arse in gear, not long until the season starts mate. ;)

ETA: should be a promising young ex Dundee striker playing tonight. I think.

Will need to ask mate of mine who is a regular at Guiseley and see what he thinks.

1320 heard complete opposite heard their looking sharp and training is going well.we will be fine don't you worry about us.will see what sort of trialists we have by tommorow nite!everyone is in the same boat players are waiting till last minute to commit to a club.

One of the boys on trial with montrose is from my work. Was speaking to him today and said that the training has been really good. Hes away all weekend though so cant play in the friendly tomorrow. Obviously wished him well as if he gets a gig with montrose I can then take the pish out him for playing for them!

Beat Exeter 1-0, Hester again, think he's got potential

Know it's early but I think Munro and Hay look quality, Stewart has come on leaps and bounds aswell, great again tonight

Think the Mo are after Clarke aswell so I would like to see us sign him up

One of the boys on trial with montrose is from my work. Was speaking to him today and said that the training has been really good. Hes away all weekend though so cant play in the friendly tomorrow. Obviously wished him well as if he gets a gig with montrose I can then take the pish out him for playing for them!

Heard different, 3 mates that are junior/senior on 3 separate occasions just happened to bring it up whilst discussing football and Arbroath with me

Said it's full of youths and there's barely anybody signed, just what I've been told, supposed to have had some bounce games and they've had to call them off as they've no goalie that could turn up

Edited by 1320Lichtie