All things Dundee FC

Merry Xmas chaps. It's been another year of some tremendous posting. Think it's safe to say we are tap dogs in this forum these days. But let's take a moment to remember those who are no longer with us.

Non Deluded Dee

MattyDFC

#NeverForget

I've often thought that the Dees and the DAB's should hold a minutes silence at the first derby of the season for lost 'friends' of both persuasions and we've occasionaly lost close friends of either persuasion over a season. We all know each other and the banter is, just that. So come on both sides, how about showing Scottish football what it's all about and acknowledging OUR support, be it Dees or Arabs with a minutes silence on the first Derby of every season to acknowledge lost pals of us all. We're bigger than bigotry. Merry Christmas.

I've often thought that the Dees and the DAB's should hold a minutes silence at the first derby of the season for lost 'friends' of both persuasions and we've occasionaly lost close friends of either persuasion over a season. We all know each other and the banter is, just that. So come on both sides, how about showing Scottish football what it's all about and acknowledging OUR support, be it Dees or Arabs with a minutes silence on the first Derby of every season to acknowledge lost pals of us all. We're bigger than bigotry. Merry Christmas.

He's talking about two posters that dont post anymore - one in self-imposed exile after honourably sticking to a bet and another who was banned although he still posts in a new guise.

There's already enough minutes silences without bringing in more for a bunch of randoms who may have died throughout the year.

[quote name="Dee Man" post=

There's already enough minutes silences without bringing in more for a bunch of randoms who may have died throughout the year.

That's my point Dee Man. There are too many minutes given up to people who may or may not have had a 'brief' employment with the club but neither club (with one notable exception) actually acknowledge the fans who week in week out for very many years and in Dundees case actually kept the club alive. Surely first home match of the season (or preferably first home or away Derby) the club can give us and them the respect life long supporters deserve. I'm getting on a bit and each year fewer of my Dee and Arab friends are around. I guess that kind of makes me think during silences or applause why are we doing this for that sod, he was of first chance he got etc.

The Wullie Reilly tribute was good.

Agreed. What I was getting at is that I'm not commemorating the passing of dabs I don't know at the start of the season.

Anyway, accounts are out. In a nutshell - an operating loss of £167k whick is 600k better than last year and in line with the budgeted projections. Turnover up to £4m from £2.3m:

http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news/dundee-fc-directors-report-and-financial-statements-for-the-year-ended-31-may-2015