All things Dundee FC

Genuine question: Should we be worried about next season? Hartley overall, has done a brilliant job. This season will go down as a disappointment, which shows how far he's brought us on. However, with no United next season we'll be losing out on a hell of a lot of money. Rangers will plug that gap somewhat, but our biggest crowd of the season is against United. We now won't receive our cash boost early like top 6 sides do - so that will inevitably slow us down in the transfer market - and we know how quick on the button Hartley likes to be.

So with United being replaced by Rangers, Killie/Hamilton potentially being replaced by Hibs (I doubt that one at the moment but you never know) the league will be much tougher, we'll have less revenue coming in, and we have much of the same defence that's struggled this season for next year and not even a whiff of a CDM being signed. That, combined with the ever increasing pressure Hartley finds himself under (Not so much on here which seems to be a voice of reason, but at the games and on other forums) to make us a consistent 'cup winning/top 4 side' (I'm being slightly facetious due to some of the expectations I see that are beyond belief for non-Dee's looking in) is next season one to worry about or to be ever more excited about?

Good post. I thought the same as next season I think is well out the question for us. Celtic, hearts, aberdeen, rangers and hibs of they come up will all massively out spend us. As you mentioned no holding midfielder and same defence aswell as no doubt losing Stewart and possibly hemmings so got to wonder where our creativity coming from aswell. Id say sirvival next season will do fine

I'm looking at ICT and St Johnstone - 2 clubs that have had Europe and cup wins in recent years - as my inspiration. Well ran clubs, living within their means, punching above their weight on the pitch. Teams like Dundee will always have seasons that underwhelm, possibly due to losing players, but I'm reckoning we're well on the way to getting established in the top league. Killie have had 24 seasons in the top league. We can surely look to emulate that, whilst also hoping to sneak a cup/Europe occasionally.

I'm looking at ICT and St Johnstone - 2 clubs that have had Europe and cup wins in recent years - as my inspiration. Well ran clubs, living within their means, punching above their weight on the pitch. Teams like Dundee will always have seasons that underwhelm, possibly due to losing players, but I'm reckoning we're well on the way to getting established in the top league. Killie have had 24 seasons in the top league. We can surely look to emulate that, whilst also hoping to sneak a cup/Europe occasionally.

Not going to disagree with that, spot on.

Exactly, what we should be aiming for. Some of our supporters have unrealistic expectations.

Spilt Fixtures:

23rd April Partick v Dundee

2 May Dundee v Utd (19.45) BT Sport

7 May Dundee v Hamilton

11 May Dundee v Kilmarnock

14 May Inverness v Dundee

Depending on results Dundee could relegate Utd at Dens Park.

Spilt Fixtures:

7 May Dundee v Hamilton

Should be looking for at least 12 points out of those I reckon.

Should be looking for at least 12 points out of those I reckon.

I'd be happy with 3. Think we will get beat off Hamilton and Inverness.

ETA: 3 as in 3 wins, I.E. 9 points. :P 

Edited by DonnieDarko

Spilt Fixtures:

7 May Dundee v Hamilton

So if the Arabs lose their first post split game, which looks probable given the way they lay down on Saturday and Killie win one of their first 2 post split games, a win to us relegates them?

Man that is so sweet. A Monday night at Dens - a fantastic place for a relegation party.

So if the Arabs lose their first post split game, which looks probable given the way they lay down on Saturday and Killie win one of their first 2 post split games, a win to us relegates them?

Man that is so sweet. A Monday night at Dens - a fantastic place for a relegation party.

More than a few sick days for distraught dabs on the Tuesday.

THE DOON DERBY!

If you lads don't have a giant 'What's the point?!' banner at the derby I'll be very disappointed. One of Mixu cupping his ears would be tremendous as well. A 'Gunning' one might be pushing it but still amusing