All things Dundee FC

Maybe someone has posted in the fixtures thread but the club can be happy with Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers at home pre split. Makes up for losing the Derby.

Hearts and Ross County away twice which is the best away days IMO.

I'm guessing the extra gate money now will get us an extra player in or perhaps offer more money to Gorgeous.

Was thinking the other day about the Greg Stewart situation. I know this is highly unlikely to happen but let's say we offer him a new one year deal with more money. We put let's say for example a £200k release clause so he leaves next summer which he currently is going to do next summer anyway. Then both party's win. Obviously it's highly unlikely but would be tremendous if it did.

I'm guessing the extra gate money now will get us an extra player in or perhaps offer more money to Gorgeous.

Was thinking the other day about the Greg Stewart situation. I know this is highly unlikely to happen but let's say we offer him a new one year deal with more money. We put let's say for example a £200k release clause so he leaves next summer which he currently is going to do next summer anyway. Then both party's win. Obviously it's highly unlikely but would be tremendous if it did.

I see your point. . But he clearly doesn't want to be a dee ... get him to fek in my opinion

I see your point. . But he clearly doesn't want to be a dee ... get him to fek in my opinion

A bit harsh is it not? It's definitely frustrating when a player turns down a new contract offer but you have to be realistic and accept players will move on for more money and what they think may be better opportunities. To my mind it's where they move on to that matters.

If Stewart is to move on then a move down south would be the best option for both parties in my opinion.

Best for Dundee because the buying club should have deeper pockets than a Scottish club and he can't come back to haunt us.

Best for Stewart because if a move to a bigger club down south does not work out he would surely still have good offers back in Scotland for his services. Whereas if he didn't move to England and were to go to the likes of Rangers or Aberdeen and that failed he surely would not then have offers from down south.

What I am confident in is the fact the board will make the right decision and believe me there have not been many boardrooms at Dens that I have had confidence in over the years!

A bit harsh is it not? It's definitely frustrating when a player turns down a new contract offer but you have to be realistic and accept players will move on for more money and what they think may be better opportunities. To my mind it's where they move on to that matters.

If Stewart is to move on then a move down south would be the best option for both parties in my opinion.

Best for Dundee because the buying club should have deeper pockets than a Scottish club and he can't come back to haunt us.

Best for Stewart because if a move to a bigger club down south does not work out he would surely still have good offers back in Scotland for his services. Whereas if he didn't move to England and were to go to the likes of Rangers or Aberdeen and that failed he surely would not then have offers from down south.

What I am confident in is the fact the board will make the right decision and believe me there have not been many boardrooms at Dens that I have had confidence in over the years!

I agree with that . My point is either extend his stay or cash in. He clearly has no intention of staying so our only option is to cash in..

Although clearly he has a wand of a left foot.. his work rate off the ball isn't great and I honestly believe that he's at his level with dundee..

Time will tell I suppose

his work rate off the ball isn't great and I honestly believe that he's at his level with dundee..

Time will tell I suppose

Shhhhhhhh. Learn from United my friend. If Stewart was a United player he would be classed as the mini Ronaldo by now. Hyped up beyond belief with the very willing help from the local press. Their column writers would be gushing over him pushing his asking price up ever further.