All things Dundee FC

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I'm playing Devil's Advocate and eternal optimist, but that doesn't mean they've been 100% truthful or, that the Oxford paper has a Liam Kennedy style journalist working for them.

Something doesn't add up. Our board denied any such clause and the papers down Birmingham way were saying just a few days ago that Birmingham City had dropped their interest due to the fee we wanted.

More than likely the £250k figure is accurate, but we don't know for sure.

I doubt the figure will ever come out, unless you lot do go into some mental breakdown and all the shite gets spilled into the gutters, but I can't imagine Oxford would have any real benefit in putting a lower figure on it than there was, English clubs have a habit of over-inflating the fee as some form of cock measuring contest.

Given the apparent £250,000 clause, the person who comes out of this worse than anyone (including some of those who have posted!) is Hemming's agent.  Surely there was a bigger club willing to take what is a small punt (in terms of English club finannces) on him.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt the figure will ever come out, unless you lot do go into some mental breakdown and all the shite gets spilled into the gutters, but I can't imagine Oxford would have any real benefit in putting a lower figure on it than there was, English clubs have a habit of over-inflating the fee as some form of cock measuring contest.

Please stop talking shite.

Just now, Dee Man said:

Please stop talking shite.

I'm not. Jackson Irvines fee was reported as a "record breaking fee" and filled with quotes about being a signal of intent. Mays was reported as "over £800k" and as a signal of intent. In reality both initial fees were below the reported figures. Its something English clubs do.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not. Jackson Irvines fee was reported as a "record breaking fee" and filled with quotes about being a signal of intent. Mays was reported as "over £800k" and as a signal of intent. In reality both initial fees were below the reported figures. Its something English clubs do.

Do you reckon that's the clubs coming out with those stories or perhaps bullshitting journalists?

Just now, Dee Man said:

Do you reckon that's the clubs coming out with those stories or perhaps bullshitting journalists?

It'll be a case of a journalist asking someone at the club and being told this, considering its the same journalists who broke the move, and had the first interview with the player.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Whichever one of you have director Steve Martin as your source, I'm disbelieving.

On 02/04/2016 at 22:40, Deeboy said:

Love wee Eck. Steve Martin was the director I spoke to this week, he was visiting Gallagher.

It's pure tactical genius from Hartley, he knows we have no fucking quality left to set Kane up anymore so decided to let him go for his own good and save him from embarrassment, thus freeing up a wage to sign another crocked midget to bolster the defence, midfield and physios  diary. It's  the Dundee  way, Abdy Ken's that