All things Dundee FC

The likes of Stephen Hendrie, Ryan Blair and Conor McGrandles all went down south for at least £1m transfers. And thats just off the top of my head.

Just now, rainbowrising said:

devastating reply mate, maybe expand on your view? (or is it just going to be some 'Aberdeen are fuckin' massive mate, no like you lot blah blah.....zzzzzz')

See post above and the number of other players listed in the last few pages who have gone for more then your 500k statement,

hehe.

I'm laughing at how amateur your club is to actually agree to a £250k release clause for anyone who can actually kick a football. Thats an absolutely embarrassing figure 

I'm laughing at how amateur your club is to actually agree to a £250k release clause for anyone who can actually kick a football. Thats an absolutely embarrassing figure 

Whilst the fee is low, they probably won't have got him had they not put the release clause in. He gave them one good season and, without him, they would have not placed so high. It is still mildly amusing

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Much like yourself then, seriously though, do you not think you're going a wee bit OTT on this thread?

I'm also not sure Hemmings had so much pull that he was able to make the clause that low. He ended up at Dundee because he was released and spent the season at Cowdenbeath. He'd have taken a pay cut anywhere he went. Dundee took a chance on him. He simply didn't have that much leverage. Or at least, shouldn't have had it.

I think you're missing the point. St Johnstone were in for Hemmings as well IIRC.

I seem to remember Luis Suarez having  a clause in his contract when at Liverpool which Arsenal then met and Liverpool subsequently ignored. Are these clauses actually legally binding? Seems strange that Hemmings has gone for a smaller fee than we just got for Will Vaulks whose been playing a whole league lower. 

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

I think you're missing the point. St Johnstone were in for Hemmings as well IIRC.

Na, that was Rory Loy. We got done by your £5000 a week offer for him though.

Probably why you're selling off your star players at such a premium now, come to think of it.