All things Dundee FC

The McCann and Weighorst years were entertaining as a kid, the daft years under Marrs were brilliant, but almost killed the club, then we have had a decade of misery.

Hartley did well initially, but last season was poor, and this season will be worse. He cant change a game, he is too defensive and seems to be delighted with draws. I genuinely fear for us this season.

Edited by srw

The McCann and Weighorst years were entertaining as a kid, the daft years under Marrs were brilliant, but almost killed the club, then we have had a decade of misery.

Hartley did well initially, but last season was poor, and this season will be worse. He cant change a game, he is too defensive and seems to be delighted with draws. I genuinely fear for us this season.

We are sixth.

What a load of shite.

42 minutes ago, srw said:Utter shite again.

We played quite well up until Killie equalised, then we were dreadful.

Game against Rangers we were timid against them, Hartley yet again bottled it, Hamilton at home was dismal, Motherwell away was pretty poor, and today was shite. Hartley out, useless clueless twat.

Hartley out?  Definitely not.  It's not as if he doesn't know where we need to strengthen the team.  Early days of course but Hately looks like he will be a very good signing.  Gomis looks like he will do a good job.  El Bak will get better as the season progresses.

Hartley has already stated he needs a striker.  I'm only guessing of course but I think he realises that Loy's ability is very limited.  He can't take control of a long ball pass to him.  He rarely, if ever, wins a header with these types of passes and if the ball lands to his feet, his second touch is usually tackle.

While I'm moaning: Ross try taking a shot when your in the box!  Don't pass it to a player who is 2 feet away from you and marked just like you are!  

Go on, explain the shite parts.

Your expectations are utterly deluded. We're a mid table sized club who've been struggling badly for a decade and have only sorted things out relatively recently. We've lost two of the best players in the league and have, understandably, taken time and looked a little rough to adapt.

We didn't play that badly today and we've signed a lot of new players who are coming together and trying to replace a massive void. Give it some time ffs.

35 minutes ago, harry94 said:

And Hartley being too defensive is on another planet. I don't think there's a manager in the league who sets up that many attacking players on the pitch at the same time.

Yet we still seem to lack any creativity.

Having possession is meaningless if you do fekk all with it.

My biggest worry about Hartley is that he tends to stick by certain players even when they are off-form.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

1 hour ago, srw said:

Last season we drew far too many games, this season, we have played Hamilton, Killie and Rangers, the three worst ranked clubs in the league from last season. Realistically Rangers will do well, but we have 2 points from 3 game. Is that progress? Its just the exact same nonsense as last season.

I know that Hartleys fanboys think he is some up and coming great manager, but be honest, last season was a disappointment, and this season will be significantly worse.

Hartley has not progressed as a manager, we have not progressed as a club, these arent good times to be a Dee.

Who would you have in charge then?

Yet we still seem to lack any creativity.

Having possession is meaningless if you do fekk all with it.

My biggest worry about Hartley is that he tends to stick by certain players even when they are off-form.

Yeah, not got that cutting edge. Think anyone would have that issue with the loss of players and it's going to be tough for a whioe.

He drops players all the time. Williams dropped today. Julen dropped for new signings. Loy dropped after Hamilton.

Think he's always made changes if he's had the depth. Would maybe say he could be a bit earlier during the game.

We will still be bullied out of games by higher energy sides, Killie were not that by any stretch of the imagination yet I doubt anyone would say we dominated the game. There always seems to be the element of doubt between the pass they want to make and the pass that is actually made after three 360° rotation.

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

Yeah, not got that cutting edge. Think anyone would have that issue with the loss of players and it's going to be tough for a whioe.

He drops players all the time. Williams dropped today. Julen dropped for new signings. Loy dropped after Hamilton.

Think he's always made changes if he's had the depth. Would maybe say he could be a bit earlier during the game.

I did say certain players.

11 hours ago, srw said:

Last season we drew far too many games, this season, we have played Hamilton, Killie and Rangers, the three worst ranked clubs in the league from last season. Realistically Rangers will do well, but we have 2 points from 3 game. Is that progress? Its just the exact same nonsense as last season.

I know that Hartleys fanboys think he is some up and coming great manager, but be honest, last season was a disappointment, and this season will be significantly worse.

Hartley has not progressed as a manager, we have not progressed as a club, these arent good times to be a Dee.

Seriously man, has Hartley pumped your missus/maw/da or something? Anytime you posted last season it was to criticise him. 

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Seriously man, has Hartley pumped your missus/maw/da or something? Anytime you posted last season it was to criticise him. 

Clearly has. Every post has blamed Hartley for everything, aparently he was Hitler's advisor, supplied Gary Glitter with websites and was a locksmith at Fritzels hoose! 

SRW needs to have a word with himself! His opinion is a one off and makes no sense. 

Sack the manager because we are only 2 points outside the top 3? Erm no!

Sack the manager because he brought in some good signings? Erm no!

Sack the manager because he made the most money he could on 2 players he developed? Erm no!

Sack the manager because some complete fanny who sounds like he would be better off watching St Mirren, says so? Erm no! Fucking Booooo! 

Get yourself to f**k SRW!

19 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Thought Wighton had a good game. Still think he gets pushed off the ball quite easy however the two chances one after another I thought he was unlucky with.
Apart from him I still didn't see us scoring apart from another set piece . ( el baka had a close shot n a few long shots ).

Not end of the world stuff. Just need that final part of us to come.
We will be fine

^^^ This. It's early days. We will improve. 

Think Wighton and El Bak were by far our most creative players but playing them both up front leaves them little opportunity to actually create.

Hartley loved the 4-2-3-1 last year but seems to be changing it every week at the moment. Would like to see that come back with the usual defence with McGowan and Hateley in front, O'Hara attacking midfield and Wighton and El Bak either side of either Loy or Yordi.