All things Dundee FC

Apparently there was a thick fog in Glasgow that day. Unfortunately some of the Dee buses were sent back but those on the football special hung about the stadium and then the game was given the go ahead. 

Crowd was 38,000 instead of an anticipated 90,000.

My old man used to talk about that, saying he couldn't see the far end of the ground, but it was like the players would disappear out of sight and come back into view celebrating another goal.
Might be gross exaggeration (ie pish) but nice image nonetheless.

9 minutes ago, dd23 said:

My old man used to talk about that, saying he couldn't see the far end of the ground, but it was like the players would disappear out of sight and come back into view celebrating another goal.
Might be gross exaggeration (ie pish) but nice image nonetheless.

The article backs up your dad's memories. Apparently the goalie only found out about one of the goals when one of his defenders came back celebrating :lol:

James McPake back in full training today.

Good for him. And it must be a relief after that injury.
A committed Dee. The equaliser last season at Tadgerdice was a wonderful moment. And then he repeated it with a bullet header to equalise again st Dens against the Tadgerines. Thanks for those two captain James.

Good for him. And it must be a relief after that injury.
A committed Dee. The equaliser last season at Tadgerdice was a wonderful moment. And then he repeated it with a bullet header to equalise again st Dens against the Tadgerines. Thanks for those two captain James.

Did his bullet header not put us 2-1 up in the 3-1 Heffernan game? Which was at the tale end of the season before the McPake derby?

10 hours ago, Aidan said:

Is Jesse Curran always such a wee fanny when he plays for the development squad or was tonight a one off?

Not a very nice thing to say about a young player trying to make his way in the game. The laddie's thousands of miles away from home and family and doing his best.

Not a very nice thing to say about a young player trying to make his way in the game. The laddie's thousands of miles away from home and family and doing his best.

i actually heard from i boy i know who plays for Montrose that said when he was there on loan he couldn't give a f**k and was never interested. get the impression he thinks he is a lot better than he actually is

i actually heard from i boy i know who plays for Montrose that said when he was there on loan he couldn't give a f**k and was never interested. get the impression he thinks he is a lot better than he actually is

This was the exact impression I got from watching him last night at the development game. He constantly tried to take players on when there was multiple better options, completely ignored his own team mates and then decided to lash out at a Motherwell player after being take down with a fairly tame trip on one of his attempts to take on the whole team.

Aidan, that was a bit more constructive. Calling the boy a wee fanny is out of order. Personally, I have watched the player numerous times. In my view he is extremely talented but needs to toughen up a bit for the Scottish game. Don't know much about his attitude, but to come from Australia to try to make it in the game shows he's got something!

Aidan, that was a bit more constructive. Calling the boy a wee fanny is out of order. Personally, I have watched the player numerous times. In my view he is extremely talented but needs to toughen up a bit for the Scottish game. Don't know much about his attitude, but to come from Australia to try to make it in the game shows he's got something!

The wee fanny part was more about the way he acted last night rather than an overall assessment of the lad, that's why I asked the question.

On this day in 1991 Eddie Gallagher scored a hat trick against the Jags in a 6-2 win at Firhill.

IMG_20161116_172139.jpg

Worked out all right in the end as both teams got promoted.

Great wee player was Eddie. Thank you. 

15 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

On this day in 1991 Eddie Gallagher scored a hat trick against the Jags in a 6-2 win at Firhill.

IMG_20161116_172139.jpg

Worked out all right in the end as both teams got promoted.

Great wee player was Eddie. Thank you. 

Yep, if he was through on goal, one on one with the keeper, he never missed.