All things Dundee FC

A big well done to the Dunee players and staff at the calendar signing event at Dens tonight.  My son was delighted to get their autographs and photos.

I know their attitude have been questioned at times this season but Yordi and Bain seemed very relaxed and happy.

Special mention to McPake.  A true gentleman and a real credit to the club.

Seeing a few people having a go at the board because Hartley isn't planning on making January signings.

I say to fans - so what if they pocketed the roughly £700k - and don't reinvest it. We gave them the right to do that when we sold our controlling stake. Every transfer we receive doesn't have to and shouldn't go back into the first team playing budget. They'll use it to build the infrastructure or to recoup some of their outlay.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Seeing a few people having a go at the board because Hartley isn't planning on making January signings.

I say to fans - so what if they pocketed the roughly £700k - and don't reinvest it. We gave them the right to do that when we sold our controlling stake. Every transfer we receive doesn't have to and shouldn't go back into the first team playing budget. They'll use it to build the infrastructure or to recoup some of their outlay.

Or, to look at it another way.  Maybe the board feels Hartley was given enough of a budget in the last transfer window to last the season.

Anyone know, roughly, what the teams around us budgets are like compared to Dundee's budget?

Or, to look at it another way.  Maybe the board feels Hartley was given enough of a budget in the last transfer window to last the season.

Anyone know, roughly, what the teams around us budgets are like compared to Dundee's budget?

Proverbial can of worms...[emoji849]

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This reminds me of something...

On 06/12/2016 at 09:35, bobbycoxblue said:

What you getting from Santa son .... a new bike ? I genuinely hope you are a 10 year old kid or you have more to worry about that the dees league position

Marginally better grammar than arab1975. Well done that man.

We've got the most depth out of anyone in the bottom half of the league, there's no need to go out and spend in January. This squad of players should be good enough to finish above some of the shite in this league, and if they don't at the end of the season then serious questions will have to be answered.

I'm a little bit worried about the lack of goals but hopefully they will come. No need to do a Yinited and buy every tom dick and harry and still go doon

I know some will disagree with me but in Duffy, Loy, Low, Vincent, Ross and Williams we have numbers but we lack the breadth and quality of squad. These were not good signings. Could do with smaller but better first team squad and give youth a chance when we have a high injury list. Got what we have though and recon it will be enough