All things Dundee FC

Massive game against thistle coming up next week at a venue where we have a very good record.

With Inverness and Hamilton playing the old firm today and hamilton away to Aberdeen and Ross county playing Celtic next week a win at thistle would likely see us into the top six and 6 points from 12th place.

After all the GDS owl business I decided to look him up on twitter and see what he's up to.

"Diary on The Inside 26 October – 10 November 2016 Part Eighty Seven By Giovanni Di Stefano onlinepublishingcompany.info/content/read_m… #UKPrison #Prisondiary"

I have no idea why but that made me laugh a lot. Probably just the image of him having written 87 chapters of prison life since I last checked his twitter.

18 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Agree with you Gman. That being said I about died inside when Wighton placed a free header tamely back to Jack Hamilton from about 6 yards out at 2-2.

17 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Agreed. I do remember when Raith fans ( sure it was them ) was going on about how shite he was and he couldn't get a game. How times seem to have changed for him.

Kerr however I haven't seen him play too many bad games at all and what I like about Kerr is he can use both feet.

17 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Turn it into a positive, I always felt when it came to subs Hartley usually leaves it far to late. Today he got it spot on and we won .

17 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The first half was as big a shambles as I've seen from Hartley. Wighton on the left wing, O'Hara on the right wing.

Then changing to our normal set up.

Then going 4 at the back with O'Dea at CDM.

That said his subbies were spot on.

Must be fucking Christmas. :wub:

Ludo and G_Man sitting in a tree...

Done a bit of digging into Bain's penalty record as it's something that I'd wondered about for a while. In his professional career, he's faced 34 penalties, 30 of which have been converted, 2 have been missed and Bain has saved 2. He saved one from St Johnstone's Chris Kane, who was at Dumbarton on loan at the time and one from Stirling striker David McKenna.

Very boring and had a bit of time on my hands so I compared Bain to the rest of the first choice keepers* in the league and the percentage of penalties that have been missed/saved.

1. Alan Mannus 7/24 = 29.16%

2. Wes Foderingham 7/25 = 28%

3. Paul Gallacher 8/32 = 25%

4. Remi Matthews 4/15 = 26.66%

5. Tomas Cerny 10/41 = 24.39%

6. Craig Samson 7/30 = 23.33%

7. Owain Fon Williams 11/51 = 21.56%

8. Scott Fox 6/29 = 20.68%

9. Joe Lewis 7/40 = 17.5%

10. Jamie Macdonald 8/47 = 17.02%

11. Scott Bain 4/34 = 11.76%

12. Craig Gordon 3/34 = 8.82%

*Included Hearts and St Johnstone's substitute keepers instead as their first choice keepers have faced less than 10 penalties in their career.

Anyways, no real point to this post, just a bit of pointless research that I had done and felt like sharing. Strange that the two best keepers (In my opinion) in the league have the worst records.

I saw them play Friday night for the first time in a while and I think we need some changes

- Haber played great as a target man and looks to be irreplaceable. If Loy is going out on loan, then the money needs to be spent on a back-up - I dont think Jordi is either ready or big enough to take on that role, and without a target man we will not score. Even with him its proving difficult...

- O'hara was not fit and although the midfield improved when he went off,  the midfield was continually out muscled for most of the match. While there is plenty of skill in the middle of the park, football seems to be going down the road of "bigger is better" and a 2nd transfer target has to be a combative midfielder, reparable with a lot of physical presence.

- Vincent was the target of abuse from a lot of fans, but I'm not sure it was justified. I noticed more than 1 ocassion where nobody was making themselves available for an out ball. The same thing happened at throw ins where, up until the very end, there seemed to be a reluctance to go for the ball, Thats a sign of low confidence and hopefully the win will have helped.

- Wighton has a lot of talent, but he dived a few times and was lucky not to be booked. The physical side of the game still needs some work, but that should be solvable with a good gyme/fitness prgram

- i have been a fan Gadzhalov from the beginning and agree with earlier comments that he should be given an extended contract.

- with Kerr, O'hara, Wighton, Curren all in and around the first team, we are sitting at a potential nexus point. Even Holt is only 23 and all these players should continue to improve over the next 4/5 years. The future looks bright, but we need to stay up, otherwise kids will be sold off at cheap prices to balance the books. the same will happen if we stay up, but then we will hopefuilly sell from a position of strength