All things Dundee FC

Aslong as we keep Deacon and Allan fit we should do okay. If they both got injured I reckon we would be fucked.

Another clean sheet. Fucking hell.

Happy days

Certainly seems like that. After the subs last night it was awfully similar to watching last year. Would add Kamara to that list though, first time I've seen them last night and Kamara was the one who stood out for me.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Announcement*

Would all the woman and children of Tangerine persuasion get to f**k out the big boys thread, asap.

Thank you.

Well good thing that I am neither of those things. I will continue to lurk and continue to write semi-sensible/boring posts every so often.

Moussa is certainly  a "handy" player. Looking at the photo of his overhead kick his feet are very high and very close to Rumsby's head so it could have been given as dangerous play,but it was such a good finish I guess the ref didn't have the heart to chalk it off. Having said that our young keeper had some good saves so it  could have been more than three. Two games in four days against superior opposition was always going to be a tough ask and Dundee's high tempo pressing and slick passing ran the legs off them.There were some very tired players by the end. On the basis of our two games I would say Dundee have the  edge over United.they look a bit more secure at the back quicker to close down in midfield and Moussa looks  a bit of a player. Should be a cracking game at the weekend,looking forward to it.

I’ve done a little bit more analysis on ticket prices, based on last year’s attendance figures for all 19 home games, assuming all in attendance were full price paying adults.

Overall attendance last season was 122,200, according to the individual match report information on Wikipedia, an average of 6431 per game. We know there were roughly 3,800 season ticket holders last season, I have taken this number away from the overall attendance figure to get a pay at the gate attendance for each home game last season and split all games down to Cat A (£25) or B (£22). By doing this I have calculated the PATG revenue for each home game last season and the overall PATG takings for last season would have been £1.182m. The total ticket revenue adding PATG and ST sales together would have been £2.645m.

I have then recalculated these figures holding everything constant, apart from the season ticket sales, which I have reduced from 3800 to 3200. So I have essentially taken 600 off the overall attendance for last season for every game, and multiplied it by this seasons A and B prices. By doing this I have an overall revenue of £2.767m, this assumes that all other factors remain the same. PATG revenues increase to £1.535m while ST decreases to £1.232m.

I have then done some very basic stress testing of a 5% and 10% decrease in attendance. This gives some interesting results. A 5% decrease in PATG attendance(321 people) with the current 3200 season tickets would lead to the club being £30,000 worse off than last season, all else held equal. However, a 10% (643)  drop of PATG of 641 people per game would lead to a £180,000 decrease in revenue from tickets compared to last year’s figures.

I feel that the club has taken a big gamble on these prices. If they keep the attendance figures up, and season tickets stay around 3200 they will be okay. If a 5% drop on average attendances occurs, the club will more or less break even on last season – based on these numbers. However, if a significant number of people stop coming to Dens, the club would be significantly worse off than last season.

I’ll keep a track of attendances over the first few home games and see how this metric compares to last season. I assume that the people in charge of the finances at Dens have undertaken a similar exercise, with more accurate information and have taken a calculated risk that attendances will not decrease by less than 5%. I’d like to be let loose on the official numbers and see if I could pinpoint the most efficient price point for tickets, but that’s never going to happen so round approximations will have to do for now.

The highlights on Dee TV of last night are fucking excellent.

There's a couple of Fife fucks in the background raging throughout. At first the thought of watching it with a strong Fife accent in the back was putting me off my tea but it's a thing of Beauty.

'Bloody hell ref are you bloody blind you bloody idiot!!' and 'This is shite Cowden' after goal three are my favourite parts.

Thank you.

49 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I’ve done a little bit more analysis on ticket prices, based on last year’s attendance figures for all 19 home games, assuming all in attendance were full price paying adults.

Overall attendance last season was 122,200, according to the individual match report information on Wikipedia, an average of 6431 per game. We know there were roughly 3,800 season ticket holders last season, I have taken this number away from the overall attendance figure to get a pay at the gate attendance for each home game last season and split all games down to Cat A (£25) or B (£22). By doing this I have calculated the PATG revenue for each home game last season and the overall PATG takings for last season would have been £1.182m. The total ticket revenue adding PATG and ST sales together would have been £2.645m.

I have then recalculated these figures holding everything constant, apart from the season ticket sales, which I have reduced from 3800 to 3200. So I have essentially taken 600 off the overall attendance for last season for every game, and multiplied it by this seasons A and B prices. By doing this I have an overall revenue of £2.767m, this assumes that all other factors remain the same. PATG revenues increase to £1.535m while ST decreases to £1.232m.

I have then done some very basic stress testing of a 5% and 10% decrease in attendance. This gives some interesting results. A 5% decrease in PATG attendance(321 people) with the current 3200 season tickets would lead to the club being £30,000 worse off than last season, all else held equal. However, a 10% (643)  drop of PATG of 641 people per game would lead to a £180,000 decrease in revenue from tickets compared to last year’s figures.

I feel that the club has taken a big gamble on these prices. If they keep the attendance figures up, and season tickets stay around 3200 they will be okay. If a 5% drop on average attendances occurs, the club will more or less break even on last season – based on these numbers. However, if a significant number of people stop coming to Dens, the club would be significantly worse off than last season.

I’ll keep a track of attendances over the first few home games and see how this metric compares to last season. I assume that the people in charge of the finances at Dens have undertaken a similar exercise, with more accurate information and have taken a calculated risk that attendances will not decrease by less than 5%. I’d like to be let loose on the official numbers and see if I could pinpoint the most efficient price point for tickets, but that’s never going to happen so round approximations will have to do for now.

Only problem with this would be the assumption that all PATG sales were at full price, appreciate you don't have the figures to hand. Would be interesting to see how the sales are split, I reckon you might get a higher proportion of PATG being children and concessions when compared to season ticket sales, but that is just a guess based on personal anecdotal evidence.

Moussa is certainly  a "handy" player. Looking at the photo of his overhead kick his feet are very high and very close to Rumsby's head so it could have been given as dangerous play,but it was such a good finish I guess the ref didn't have the heart to chalk it off. Having said that our young keeper had some good saves so it  could have been more than three. Two games in four days against superior opposition was always going to be a tough ask and Dundee's high tempo pressing and slick passing ran the legs off them.There were some very tired players by the end. On the basis of our two games I would say Dundee have the  edge over United.they look a bit more secure at the back quicker to close down in midfield and Moussa looks  a bit of a player. Should be a cracking game at the weekend,looking forward to it.

That has to be the smallest goalkeeper I have ever seen. He wasn't bad to be fair but surely he'll get caught out a lot at that height.

36 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

All eyes on the prize as Mark O'Hara lines up Derby day delight for the Dees

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/07/27/all-eyes-on-the-prize-as-mark-ohara-lines-up-derby-day-delight-for-the-dees/

With Dundee defeating Cowdenbeath at Central Park, it has left BetFred Cup Group C with a final day showdown between the Darks Blues and their United counterparts.

"Counterparts"? I don't think so, Burty.

34 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

With Dundee defeating Cowdenbeath at Central Park, it has left BetFred Cup Group C with a final day showdown between the Darks Blues and their United counterparts.

"Counterparts"? I don't think so, Burty.

In hindsight, this was probably the wrong word. I have now changed it to "...the Dark Blues and their City rivals.". 

Thanks for pointing out the error, greatly appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

In hindsight, this was probably the wrong word. I have now changed it to "...the Dark Blues and their City rivals.". 

Thanks for pointing out the error, greatly appreciated. 

Top man, Jordan.

Thank you.