All things Dundee FC

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1405507-every-premiership-transfer-of-the-2017-18-winter-window/?utm_content=buffer40e53&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Unless I'm missing something, the only mention is in this article. There seems to be an assumption that he's off because his loan is ending in January, but I'm not convinced that translates to a him definitely leaving.  I am also sure that it was reported that his loan was until the end of January.

57 minutes ago, punk_dfc said:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1405507-every-premiership-transfer-of-the-2017-18-winter-window/?utm_content=buffer40e53&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Unless I'm missing something, the only mention is in this article. There seems to be an assumption that he's off because his loan is ending in January, but I'm not convinced that translates to a him definitely leaving.  I am also sure that it was reported that his loan was until the end of January.

Your official site announced him signing until January. Which makes sense on account of the window opening and the winter break.

AJ joins Neil McCann’s squad on loan until January.

http://dundeefc.co.uk/news/aj-joins-dee/

Been told we have a player from Watford up, Brandon Mason. Seems to play left back, which I’d imagine means Spanish Jon is off. Reckon it’d be a big loss for him to leave, really come on to a game and seems to be a good player for this level. 

1 minute ago, Netan Sansara said:

Been told we have a player from Watford up, Brandon Mason. Seems to play left back, which I’d imagine means Spanish Basque Jon is off. Reckon it’d be a big loss for him to leave, really come on to a game and seems to be a good player for this level. 

FTFY.

4 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

Been told we have a player from Watford up, Brandon Mason. Seems to play left back, which I’d imagine means Spanish Jon is off. Reckon it’d be a big loss for him to leave, really come on to a game and seems to be a good player for this level. 

Unfortunately, Jon won't be lacking offers. You can tell quite quickly with his touch that he's well beyond this level and I imagine this was maybe just a wee jaunt to get himself in the shop window and he'll be away. Hopefully, the guy is coming in to replace Holt but I don't really see that.

Long term, I don't think McCann really fancies Holt. He can be relatively solid but on the ball, he's pretty poor in possession (his delivery is good but how often does he just get spooked and hammer a ball away needlessly) which is a big thing for how we play and then he's also not really aggressive which I think has also been a big thing about how McCann seems to want to style us. I think he could be a decent player at this level for someone and he did deserve his accolades last season in a poor side but I just don't really see him suiting what is being built. Cammy on the other side also lacks a bit of the football instinct but I think he gets away with it a bit more because he is so solid defensively and manages to drill himself very well which Holt has also had an issue with doing consistently (so many goals lost in his time where he has played players offside or not marked an obvious threat).

This Mason guy does seem a really good prospect though to come in if it does happen and he seems to be thought of as being at a good level. Do you know if this is meant to be a loan or permanent deal?

The boy mason hasn't been at dens that's not to say he won't be when the players get back on Monday! Jon was told to go back to Spain and spend time with his family and report back on Monday like everyone else so I'd imagine next week will be when we find out whether he's staying or not 

Daily Express has us as about to start new contract negotiations with Meekings. We have the option to add another year onto his contract anyways so I'd imagine this is to extend it significantly ie, new 2 year deal.

The said thing about that Johnnydun is your not far off the truth there but I do know a player who is better than Sara:
Oh, eh, oh we’ve got Glen Kamara.  Oh, eh, oh he’s better than Juan Sara.  Oh, eh, oh he never gives the ball away. 1,2,3,4.........
Joking aside after the St Johnstone game McCann was saying he hadn’t really looked too deeply into bringing in new players as he’s just been concentrating on winning.  I’m hoping he was just saying that to deflect the inevitable next question.  A decent striker is an absolute must!

Really don't like the "better than Juan Sara" part of that song.

2 hours ago, Dfc2490 said:

The boy mason hasn't been at dens that's not to say he won't be when the players get back on Monday! Jon was told to go back to Spain and spend time with his family and report back on Monday like everyone else so I'd imagine next week will be when we find out whether he's staying or not 

Ahh! Glad to see you make an appearance at transfer time!

Always ITK!

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Really don't like the "better than Juan Sara" part of that song.

Agreed but Vince Mennie doesn’t rhyme  :lol:

34 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I’d thought it was “in the middle with O’Hara” to begin with. Better imo.

Much better.  The Derry will make it so.