All things Dundee FC

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

There's clearly some disconnect between what you think you've posted and what you actually have.

12 months ago we played against FK Trakai of Latvia. Why?

In an attempt to qualify for a European competition. 

37 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

Seems we have a 28yr old Croatian striker coming in on trial, Stipe Plazibat.

40 goals in 46 games

Spoiler

in Singapore

between 2016-17 is not too shabby. 

Unfortunately it puts to an end my hope that we are in a negotiating war with some club to buy their prolific striker with each club calling the other's bluff until the final day of the window. 

Edited by Dee Man

16 minutes ago, The Master said:

In an attempt to qualify for a European competition. 

So having spent the last couple of hours telling me that we haven't qualified for Europe in the last decade you now tell me that we have. Good. That's progress.

You've bored me enough now, chap. Goodnight.

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

So having spent the last couple of hours telling me that we haven't qualified for Europe in the last decade you now tell me that we have. Good. That's progress.

You've bored me enough now, chap. Goodnight.

You've been absolutely bodied here. 

10 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I read this about 5 times trying to work out what the pun in the name was :lol:

I was exactly the same the first time. I thought it was like Yerda Selzavon or something until I Googled it.

1 hour ago, Ylf said:

Just ignore tibbermoresaint Boys a bit of a fud

26 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

This.

The clown is utterly obsessed with us. Almost as much as BoredomGuy.

To be fair, he must be the happiest person in Scottish Football. 

In his world, Scotland haven’t failed to qualify for the last ten tournaments. 

5 minutes ago, The Master said:

To be fair, he must be the happiest person in Scottish Football. 

In his world, Scotland haven’t failed to qualify for the last ten tournaments. 

Scotland don't have to qualify for the Qualifiers. 

He's just going off what UEFA state, the "Qualifiers" are stated as being Group Stage Qualifying games, not qualifying games for the tournament. It's not a hard thing to understand, but I understand why Dundee fans are so desperate to ignore that, as its literally all they have to cling on to. 

UEFA list us as having appeared in the Europa. 

https://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/teams/club=64249/profile/history/index.html

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scotland don't have to qualify for the Qualifiers. 

Try telling Kosovo that. 

He's just going off what UEFA state, the "Qualifiers" are stated as being Group Stage Qualifying games, not qualifying games for the tournament. It's not a hard thing to understand, but I understand why Dundee fans are so desperate to ignore that, as its literally all they have to cling on to. 

I’m sure you’ll provide a link to a UEFA source to back that up. 

No, they have you appearing in qualifying rounds for the Europa League. It’s there in black and white in your own link. 

Edited by The Master

Just now, The Master said:

Try telling Kosovo that. 

I’m sure you’ll provide a link to a UEFA source to back that up. 

No, they have you appearing in qualifying rounds for the Europa League. It’s there in black and white in your own link. 

Screenshot_20180730-082840.thumb.png.3143b7a4de187b98cf68456ae8e6c275.png

As absolutely bizarre as this sounds, I'm slightly disappointed we are looking at a goalscorer as Mendy can prove useful at that. First and foremost, it's a hold up man we need. 

As absolutely bizarre as this sounds, I'm slightly disappointed we are looking at a goalscorer as Mendy can prove useful at that. First and foremost, it's a hold up man we need. 

It does seem utterly bizarre that we are trolling round the Pacific rim leagues but in NM* we trust.

* for about 3 games then he’s fucking getting dogs abuse.

Twitter suggests we are looking at Toni Martinez on loan. That'd go with what McCann says about loans and looking at Premier League clubs. Now that'd be a great bit of business. 

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20180730-082840.thumb.png.3143b7a4de187b98cf68456ae8e6c275.png

Oh dear. That's definitely scrambling; posting the little box that UEFA include next to clubs to try and make them feel big.

The simple fact is, St Johnstone have no more qualified for the Europa League than Scotland have for the last 10 World Cups/Euros. You've merely qualified for the qualifiers. That's why they're called "qualifiers". 

Now off you toddle back to your own thread. 

So the last time St Johnstone were in a European competition was 18 years ago, aye? 

That's what that link seems to suggest. All the rest were qualifiers for a European competition, which they failed to do. It seems common sense, If you fail to qualify for a competition, then you clearly haven't played in it. 

Thats like losing the championship play off final and claiming you've played in the Premiership. 

22 minutes ago, The Master said:

Oh dear. That's definitely scrambling; posting the little box that UEFA include next to clubs to try and make them feel big.

The simple fact is, St Johnstone have no more qualified for the Europa League than Scotland have for the last 10 World Cups/Euros. You've merely qualified for the qualifiers. That's why they're called "qualifiers". 

Now off you toddle back to your own thread. 

Yes, UEFA know less about their competitions than you.

11 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

So the last time St Johnstone were in a European competition was 18 years ago, aye? 

That's what that link seems to suggest. All the rest were qualifiers for a European competition, which they failed to do. It seems common sense, If you fail to qualify for a competition, then you clearly haven't played in it. 

Thats like losing the championship play off final and claiming you've played in the Premiership. 

It's bizarre how desperate you've been to troll Saints fans since you're side was brushed aside last week. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, UEFA know less about their competitions than you.

That certainly wouldn't surprise me.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's bizarre how desperate you've been to troll Saints fans since you're side was brushed aside last week. 

*Your.