All things Dundee FC

19 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
32 minutes ago, Dee Man said:
One of the comments from someone at the game said his link-up play and closing down left a lot to be desired. 
Eta: Are there any mad scientists on here who could morph Stipe and Moussa into one player?

ill give it a bash. we have nothing to lose!

:lol:

3 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

So, 3 trialists last night apparently.

Nabi, Stipe and a guy with a blonde mohawk. 

No idea what the score is but I'm going to take a wild guess at 2-0 Dundee with a Stipe double.

Ideal scenario, the result is being kept quiet because it turns out he's actually just a smaller version of Mandzukic and looked brilliant. We're trying to keep his performance quiet because he was outstanding and McCann is now rushing to get him through the door before he gets a better offer. 

Someone must know something about this game?!

Stipe has posted on twitter that he scored and had an assist in a 2 nil but still wasn’t good enough to get a contract. Someone claiming to have been at the game pretty much slaughtered his performance in a reply criticising his link up play, his closing down and his general performance. Says the young French attacker was better. 

Sorry just noticed this above!

Edited by Yenitit

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Papers suggest that Greg Stewart is wanted by Hearts and Aberdeen. So that'll put paid to our chances. 

I reckon we'll sign Nabi if we are to sign anyone today. 

Every day goes by, every day I get excited for the twitter emoji and every day I'm left disappointed. 

Today may be the day!

Nabi must be impressive ability wise if he's been on trial for over a month. It's almost Meekings like last season - which wasn't done until mid August.    

Why are we as club struggling so badly to find a goalscorer. Club’s like Motherwell manage it easy enough. We’d be a pretty decent team in Scotland if we had Curtis Main and Ryan Bowman in our side. 

The lack of out and out wingers is bizarre as well given that’s what our manager was. 

Edited by Yenitit

You assume Lafferty's wage would cover about just under half of what Birmingham are paying Stewart so his inevitable departure could pave the move for that. I'd love to get him back but they or Aberdeen will blow whatever we can afford out the water.

:(

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Why are we as club struggling so badly to find a goalscorer. Club’s like Motherwell manage it easy enough. We’d be a pretty decent team in Scotland if we had Curtis Main and Ryan Bowman in our side. 

The lack of out and out wingers is bizarre as well given that’s what our manager was. 

It seems that's a flaw in many managers. Jocky's biggest strength was making us hard to break down whilst Duffy's was creating a free flowing attack.  Hartley's weakness was not bringing in a formidable central midfielder. 

Macauley Bonne follows a few of the Dundee pages on Twitter. Maybe some movement with that?

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It seems that's a flaw in many managers. Jocky's biggest strength was making us hard to break down whilst Duffy's was creating a free flowing attack.  Hartley's weakness was not bringing in a formidable central midfielder. 

Macauley Bonne follows a few of the Dundee pages on Twitter. Maybe some movement with that?

IIRC, I think it was just an automated response to Dundee people following him rather than anything else.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Here’s hoping Ludo. The jury is very much out on Mendy. He’ll get more room to play in against St Mirren than in the last few games where team’s just sat in. Hopefully we’ll see a bit more from him. 

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Mark Russell guys? He was one of our trialists who never got offered a contract, seems a good fit for you boys.

Seems you're right. He's apparently on trial. We desperately need a LB. 

Just now, harry94 said:

He's maybe quite similar to Ralph IIRC in being quite attack orientated and weaker defensively.

Probably the way to go if that's where McCann is anticipating our width to come from. 

Goals are required. Surely that is more important than his obvious target man strategy.

There is no point in having a Plan A if you have nothing to follow it with.

From the accounts I've heard about and the fact he scored and had an assist means McCann has let a good prospect go in favour of an ideal player that might not materialize.

The Morton fans reckon they're due compensation for Russell which may be what is hindering his ability to find a club. Came in the door and disappeared quite quickly with us, but I don't think he did a whole lot wrong.

28 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Goals are required. Surely that is more important than his obvious target man strategy.

There is no point in having a Plan A if you have nothing to follow it with.

From the accounts I've heard about and the fact he scored and had an assist means McCann has let a good prospect go in favour of an ideal player that might not materialize.

He scored a goal against a Championship reserve team. What's that, the equivalent of the lowland league? 

IMO, it certainly doesn't warrant an automatic contract or make him a "good prospect" who's been let go. 

There's two options, IMO, he's either not been deemed good enough or a better option has presented itself. If he was good enough and a valuable addition and there wasn't any movement elsewhere with other targets - do you really think we'd end his trial after 2 days?